Bios updated failed V5-573G

2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Why did you try to reflash the BIOS? It  already flashed and gave a boot error message. It was working.  If F2 didn't work at first, you should try to press and hold the F2 key, the press the power button.

Jack E/NJ

• gholamreza
    gholamreza Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited May 2021
    JackE said:
    Why did you try to reflash the BIOS? It  already flashed and gave a boot error message. It was working.  If F2 didn't work at first, you should try to press and hold the F2 key, the press the power button.
    hi dear JackE. so helpful. yes you right. it is ok now. thanks a lot    <3=)
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    edited May 2021
    f2 doesn't work. I try this method as told in the youtube link by renaming .fd file. now after 2 hours laptop and USB pen's LED are blinking and I am still waiting for result 

"gholamreza" why didn't you do the bios flash with the "WinFlash Utility" that can be done very easily within windows? This is how Acer suggests to do the WinFlash for the Aspire V5-573G within windows:

Perform the following to use the WinFlash Utility:

1. Open “Formal” folder in BIOS version folder.
    2. Copy the WinFlash executable ZRQ_203.EXE to desktop.
    3. Plug in the AC power and run ZRQ_203.EXE as admin as shown in Figure below

4. System will switch to DOS mode and begin to Flash BIOS.
    5. System will restart automatically when the Flash Process finished.
    6. Press F2 during boot to enter Setup Menu.
    7. Ensure the System BIOS version has been updated.

This is a very simple process as long as you don't attempt this on just battery power that is below 30% (preferably 100% and plugged into the mains power) because and if the laptop power turns off then the BIOS flash will fail and you will brick your laptop!
  • gholamreza
    gholamreza Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited May 2021
    StevenGen said:
    f2 doesn't work. I try this method as told in the youtube link by renaming .fd file. now after 2 hours laptop and USB pen's LED are blinking and I am still waiting for result 

"gholamreza" why didn't you do the bios flash with the "WinFlash Utility" that can be done very easily within windows? This is how Acer suggests to do the WinFlash for the Aspire V5-573G within windows:

Perform the following to use the WinFlash Utility:

1. Open “Formal” folder in BIOS version folder.
    2. Copy the WinFlash executable ZRQ_203.EXE to desktop.
    3. Plug in the AC power and run ZRQ_203.EXE as admin as shown in Figure below

4. System will switch to DOS mode and begin to Flash BIOS.
    5. System will restart automatically when the Flash Process finished.
    6. Press F2 during boot to enter Setup Menu.
    7. Ensure the System BIOS version has been updated.

This is a very simple process as long as you don't attempt this on just battery power that is below 30% (preferably 100% and plugged into the mains power) because and if the laptop power turns off then the BIOS flash will fail and you will brick your laptop!
    thank you  so much.