Bios updated failed V5-573G

Damonsss
Damonsss Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Aspire V5-573G downloaded from this website bios update and after a whil I got a black screen. I DID NOTHING as the program told, so it fails, I ended up with a black screen. What can I do? Buy a new laptop, Motherboard? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    What other problem were you trying to fix with the firmware update? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Damonsss
    edited January 2021
    I'm not an expert, but I wanted the system a bit
    stabler. It restarted sometimes with no reason. I never had such a problem with updating the bios with Asus devices. I hope it won't be expensive to fix. 
  • JackE
    OK. Try this. Run the unzipped ZRQ_230.EXE file on another computer to see if it'll decompress further into more files or folders. If you get an error message trying to run the EXE, don't close the error message. Leave the error message open. Then run FileExplorer. In C : \users folder, search for *.FD (star dot FD) in all the C : \users subfolders. If found, copy the FD file to an empty FAT32 formatted USB pendrive with an activity LED. Then you can then close the error message. Rename the FD file on the pendrive to ZRQ.FD if necessary.

With the laptop turned off and plugged in, insert the pendrive into a USB port. Then press and hold the FN+ESC keys followed by the power button to turn the machine on. When the pendrive LED starts blinking, release the FN+ESC keys. If the BIOS is successfully flashed, the machine will automatically shut down in about 5 minutes. If unsucessful, try another USB port using the same procedure.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Damonsss
    My flash drive has no led indicator but I formatted it. When I am at home I will let you know if it worked 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    Damonsss said:
    Aspire V5-573G downloaded from this website bios update and after a whil I got a black screen. I DID NOTHING as the program told, so it fails, I ended up with a black screen. What can I do? Buy a new laptop, Motherboard? 
    Which bios version did you update to and is it an exe file within Windows? Also, Can you get into the bios by pressing F2? Where did you get the bios update from? Did you download the bios update from the Acer Support site? If you didn't then you could have a corrupted bios file.

Also, take the CMOS battery out and let it sit for 1 hour then put the battery back and see if it boots? Or and another way is to restore your laptop from the hidden partition with [Alt]+[F10]: You have to press [F2] when you see the Acer logo to access the bios setup utility. After several attempts, I found the exact moment when I have to press [F2] on my laptop. I know it's not easy.
  • Damonsss
    edited January 2021
    Guys, it's weird, the laptop service said it's the problem with the screen, as I had the warranty they replaced it for free. Thanks for your attention.

But it went wrong right after the update 
  • JackE
    Good. Thanks for reporting back. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• muza1931
    muza1931 Member Posts: 6 New User
    edited February 2021
    Please help me with a utility to recover the serial number, Asset Tag, UUID notebook Acer aspire 5738G-652G32Mn, motheboard JV50. Thanks in advance to everyone, with respect, muza1931.
  • JackE
    edited January 2021

Ідентифікатор серійного номера (SNID) апарата повинен бути вказаний внизу вкладки ІНФОРМАЦІЯ ПРО BIOS. Jack E/NJ

The serial number id (SNID) of the machine should be listed near the bottom of the BIOS INFORMATION tab. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• muza1931

Good day. I am very grateful to you, but I know about it. I need a utility for Acer aspire 5738g-652G32Mn, JV50 motherboard. To register in the DMI changes, since my BIOS lacks the serial number, asset tag, UUID. And yet, I don't quite understand how to change the accet tag and UUID. If possible, please tell me how to do it. Thank you, with respect and great hope for your help Lydia. I look forward to your help !!!
  • JackE
    Does this mean you cannot boot to an operating system like Linux or DOS or Windows?  I think you need to download and run dmitools
    in DOS. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• muza1931
    Please, and from where can I download dmitools to fit my laptop model.
  • JackE
    Sorry. You would have to search google keywords dmitools.exe download for possible non-ACER sources as ACER does not have a download site for this  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gholamreza
    gholamreza Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    OK. Try this. Run the unzipped ZRQ_230.EXE file on another computer to see if it'll decompress further into more files or folders. If you get an error message trying to run the EXE, don't close the error message. Leave the error message open. Then run FileExplorer. In C : \users folder, search for *.FD (star dot FD) in all the C : \users subfolders. If found, copy the FD file to an empty FAT32 formatted USB pendrive with an activity LED. Then you can then close the error message. Rename the FD file on the pendrive to ZRQ.FD if necessary.

With the laptop turned off and plugged in, insert the pendrive into a USB port. Then press and hold the FN+ESC keys followed by the power button to turn the machine on. When the pendrive LED starts blinking, release the FN+ESC keys. If the BIOS is successfully flashed, the machine will automatically shut down in about 5 minutes. If unsucessful, try another USB port using the same procedure.

Jack E/NJ
    hi dear Jacke.tnx for your help.i have the same problem.when i extract the .exe bios file(any version 2.24 or 2.30 or...) there is no (.FD  file).how could i find  it?
  • JackE
    Try searching the C : \ users folder for 'H2O*.*' . There should be a sub-folder found with a file having a BIN, ROM, WPD or FD extensition. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gholamreza

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Try searching the C : \ users folder for 'H2O*.*' . There should be a sub-folder found with a file having a BIN, ROM, WPD or FD extensition. Jack E/NJ
    tthank you so much.I found and copy it to usb drive .after running and blinking about 1 min system is restarted but the bios doesn't install and show  massage: default boot device missing or boot faied. what should i do?
  • JackE
    If the system restarted and you can see a message, then the BIOS firmware installation succeeded. But uou now have a problem with the HDD boot drive. Press and hold the power button till the machine shuts off. Then turn it back on and immediately tap F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Please post phone photos of BIOS Information and Boot tabs if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gholamreza

Tinkerer

edited May 2021
    JackE said:
    If the system restarted and you can see a message, then the BIOS firmware installation succeeded. But uou now have a problem with the HDD boot drive. Press and hold the power button till the machine shuts off. Then turn it back on and immediately tap F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Please post phone photos of BIOS Information and Boot tabs if possible. Jack E/NJ
    f2 doesnt work.i try to change" zrq.fd "name to"current.fd" which i found it  in Hdx hex editor .i see this method in youtube to find and replacing original  .df file's name.after 90 min  i am still waiting for response. pen drive and laptop led are blinking 

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psMqK40KeUQ)
  • gholamreza

Tinkerer

f2 doesn't work. I try this method as told in the youtube link by renaming .fd file. now after 2 hours laptop and USB pen's LED are blinking and I am still waiting for result