I have an R3 471t 53LA. The screen is completely black and I cannot access BIOS. Can this be fixed?

Options
DLPolson
DLPolson Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an R3 471t 53LA. The screen is completely black and I cannot access BIOS. Can this be fixed?

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hello  @DLPolson

There's a little pinhole on the back that will allow you to do a battery reset.  If that doesn't fix it, the most likely reason for the black screen and the inability to access BIOS is that your HDD has failed.      Good luck!

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/75-acer-internal-battery-reset

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,759 Trailblazer
    Options
    The pinhole is toward the back, but actually on the bottom. A failed HDD will still give you the splash screen when trying to turn it on though, and it sounds like you are not seeing that? After the battery reset wait a bit before plugging the power back in, and wait until it shows a full charge before turning it back on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    billsey said:
    The pinhole is toward the back, but actually on the bottom. A failed HDD will still give you the splash screen when trying to turn it on though, and it sounds like you are not seeing that? After the battery reset wait a bit before plugging the power back in, and wait until it shows a full charge before turning it back on.
    Actually it's quite common for a failing HDD to give you a black screen and the inability to access BIOS.  
    I'm not an Acer employee.