Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52 random black screen issue while gaming

Tagaddin
Tagaddin Member Posts: 22

Tinkerer

edited December 2020 in Predator Laptops
I encounter a random black screen while playing games, and the screen wont turn back on unless i shut down the notebook and reset the battery

it's similar to the problem shown in this video

I searched the forums and found multiple topics discussing similar issue with no definite solution, I tried updating drivers, resetting windows, disable fast start up and disable dynamic boost, yet still the issue keeps occurring at random intervals while gaming

Please help
Thanks

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ. Have you tried to uninstall the nvidia driver with the DDU program in safe boot?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tagaddin

Tinkerer

Model is Predator PT515-52
    and no i only updated Nvidia to latest drivers.
  • Did this issue occur after updating the nvidia driver? What happens when you use the ddu program and perform a cold install of the nvidia driver?Did this issue occur after updating the nvidia driver? What happens when you use the ddu program and perform a cold install of the nvidia driver?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tagaddin

Tinkerer

I started having this issue after installing a couple of games noticed it first while playing football manager 2021, but then i found that it happens with many other games as well, may be it happened after a windows update but i am not 100% sure

i will do the safe mod DDU uninstall now but iam new to this, is there a specific preference to check for DDU options? what should i do after uninstall and restart? Should i install the latest nvidia driver or stick to the one in acer website?

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tagaddin

Tinkerer

Ok i did the DDU uninstall in safemod. When I restarted the windows autoinstalled nvidia control pannel and older driver version, should i update or keep this version and try?
  • Try installing the driver version provided by acer.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tagaddin

Tinkerer

I kept the older driver autoinstalled after the DDU uninstall and so far no black screen crashes, i will keep this older driver, continue gaming and report if i encountered the issue again
    btw should i enable windows updates or disable them?
    thank you for your precious help
  • Tagaddin

Tinkerer

I started getting this black screen problem again, first time was yesterday and today it was repeated 3 times, I did not change anything regarding drivers or windows.. any help?
  • When the problem occurs, is there an error registered in the windows event viewer?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tagaddin

Tinkerer

Well, there's plenty of errors under system and application categories, i am not experienced enough to know which of them is related
  • You can find the error, based on the exact time the problem occurs.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tagaddin

Tinkerer

I will write down the errors at the time of crushes both in system and application categories

System
    -The previous system shutdown at 11:19:37 AM on ‎12/‎14/‎2020 was unexpected.

-The Killer Analytics Service service did not shut down properly after receiving a preshutdown control.

Application
    -Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.18362.387, time stamp: 0x8e064b77
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xe0464645

-Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance.  hr = 0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress.

-Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} and name CEventSystem cannot be started. [0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress.

-Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.

Hope this can help

• OK! Press windows + r, type msconfig, go to services, hide microsoft services and disable all services. Then, restart windows. Does the problem still occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tagaddin

Tinkerer

i will try that now and see if it'll solve the issue
  • Ok! Post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tagaddin

Tinkerer

Ok, the blackscreen just happened
    the windows event viewer displays these repeated errors reports 

• Can you check on the SYSTEM tab of the event viewer? Does this model have the LCD OVERDRIVE feature in the predator sense?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tagaddin

Tinkerer

these are the errors in the system tab at the time of the black screen and yes there's LCD overdrive feature but it's turned off

• does this model have the g-sync feature? If so, try disabling it.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer