Can You Overclock PO3-600 with i5-9600K & RTX 2060?

JoeLin2020JoeLin2020 Member Posts: 3 New User
I heard that this cpu is overclock-able, but Predator Sense software doesn't have the option to do so. Thanks a lot.

Best Answer

• Frenzy4Frenzy4 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 22 Accepted Answer
    Frenzy4 said:
    would need to have a z390 motherboard
    Thanks for the comment. Actually overclocking the CPU is a minor issue to me in comparison to its upgradability. Do you know if I can upgrade the CPU to an i9 one? I read a thread of yours and another thread asking about a similar issue. Since my Orion 3000 is already using a 95w cpu, does it mean that I can upgrade to the i9 9900kf, also a 95w CPU? 
    Hello, what motherboard do you have? If you are unsure you can download cpu-z and go to mainboard, then look at the manufacturer, model, and southbridge.

Yeah, I was wanting to upgrade my pc and didnt know much when I made that thread. Since then I have changed literally everything except for the actual case and front fan.
    I would not recommend you get a i9-9900k, 100%. That CPU is very demanding and requires a lot of cooling, even people using very good setups have trouble keeping it cool. I wanted to get that CPU but opted for a i7-9700k instead. If you have a microcenter near you, you can buy any CPU and they will let you return it no questions asked, used or not, within 15days. I would buy from them and test it out. If you are already using a i5-9600k then a i9-9900k would work after installing it no problems, but once you start pushing it is when you would see issues arise. They also make a regular non-k version that i would recommend you think about getting instead of the k version, if you are really set on that chip. The all core turbo boost would be lower on the nonk but if you look at benchmarks it really doesnt make that much of a difference, and would run a lot cooler and be a good upgrade.

I had a b360 motherboard and switched from a i5-8400 to a i7-9700f, it was a very good upgrade but then I wanted to get faster ram and the only way to do that was to get a z390 motherboard so I got a z390 mini itx one and it installed perfectly fine. I returned the 9700f I got for $190 and got a used open box 9700k from microcenter for $159, and got 3600mhz ram as well. The 9700f boosts all cores to 4.4ghz, where the 9700k boosts all cores to 4.6ghz when it is stock. The difference is not noticeable and I have looked at benchmarks comparing 4.6 to 5.0, it does a little better but runs way hotter and not worth it to me to overclock it. I would imagine the 9900 nonk would run at 4.6 all cores or 4.5, which would be very good and big upgrade still, while running way cooler. If you do upgrade just sell your i5 on ebay, as they go for a lot of money on there for some reason

FAQ & Answers

Tinkerer

• JoeLin2020JoeLin2020 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Frenzy4 said:
    Thanks for the comment. Actually overclocking the CPU is a minor issue to me in comparison to its upgradability. Do you know if I can upgrade the CPU to an i9 one? I read a thread of yours and another thread asking about a similar issue. Since my Orion 3000 is already using a 95w cpu, does it mean that I can upgrade to the i9 9900kf, also a 95w CPU? 

Tinkerer

edited November 22 Accepted Answer
    Frenzy4 said:
    Hello, what motherboard do you have? If you are unsure you can download cpu-z and go to mainboard, then look at the manufacturer, model, and southbridge.

Yeah, I was wanting to upgrade my pc and didnt know much when I made that thread. Since then I have changed literally everything except for the actual case and front fan.
    I would not recommend you get a i9-9900k, 100%. That CPU is very demanding and requires a lot of cooling, even people using very good setups have trouble keeping it cool. I wanted to get that CPU but opted for a i7-9700k instead. If you have a microcenter near you, you can buy any CPU and they will let you return it no questions asked, used or not, within 15days. I would buy from them and test it out. If you are already using a i5-9600k then a i9-9900k would work after installing it no problems, but once you start pushing it is when you would see issues arise. They also make a regular non-k version that i would recommend you think about getting instead of the k version, if you are really set on that chip. The all core turbo boost would be lower on the nonk but if you look at benchmarks it really doesnt make that much of a difference, and would run a lot cooler and be a good upgrade.

I had a b360 motherboard and switched from a i5-8400 to a i7-9700f, it was a very good upgrade but then I wanted to get faster ram and the only way to do that was to get a z390 motherboard so I got a z390 mini itx one and it installed perfectly fine. I returned the 9700f I got for $190 and got a used open box 9700k from microcenter for $159, and got 3600mhz ram as well. The 9700f boosts all cores to 4.4ghz, where the 9700k boosts all cores to 4.6ghz when it is stock. The difference is not noticeable and I have looked at benchmarks comparing 4.6 to 5.0, it does a little better but runs way hotter and not worth it to me to overclock it. I would imagine the 9900 nonk would run at 4.6 all cores or 4.5, which would be very good and big upgrade still, while running way cooler. If you do upgrade just sell your i5 on ebay, as they go for a lot of money on there for some reason

• JoeLin2020JoeLin2020 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Frenzy4 said:
    Frenzy4 said:

Hi, so much thanks for the helpful sharing! <3 My PC also has the b360 board. So I would opt for 9900 then when I upgrade. :3