Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 (2020 Model) BIOS Backward Compatibility and Overclock Fix.

Options

Answers

• Saladass
    Saladass Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Saladass said:
    To bypass version popup.
    Just download and execute the "H2OFFT-Wx64.exe" in the zip.
    Google Drive - link
    This zip is strictly for PH315-53(Intel i7 10750H and RTX 2060) model.

Sorry to necro @invador0007 but do you have any fix for this pop up on the PH315-53 (i5 10300H, 1650 ti) version?
    I do not have access to that machine so it won't be possible for me to give you the files that aren't tested.
    So that means I’m stuck with this overvolt forever :(
  • invador0007
    invador0007 Member Posts: 134 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Saladass said:
    Saladass said:
    To bypass version popup.
    Google Drive - link

Sorry to necro @invador0007 but do you have any fix for this pop up on the PH315-53 (i5 10300H, 1650 ti) version?
    I do not have access to that machine so it won't be possible for me to give you the files that aren't tested.
    So that means I’m stuck with this overvolt forever :(
    wait for next BIOS it'll be up in few months.
    Search other forums where your particular machine is the topic may be you'll find something there or over YouTube.
    Sorry can't help with your machine at the moment but if I come across any feasible solution I'll ping you just leave me a DM with your laptop model.
  • Matthewdavilaa
    Matthewdavilaa Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    To bypass version popup.
    Google Drive - link

When I download this link and then run it, my firmware will rollback to BIOS 1.06?
  • invador0007
    Options
    To bypass version popup.
    Google Drive - link

When I download this link and then run it, my firmware will rollback to BIOS 1.06?
    yes, just make sure to disable firmware update in windows device manager afterwards otherwise it'll update back to 1.07.
  • Matthewdavilaa

Tinkerer

Options
    To bypass version popup.
    Google Drive - link

yes, just make sure to disable firmware update in windows device manager afterwards otherwise it'll update back to 1.07.
    Just to be clear sir, I just click this link, download it then run it. No need to go to support page of Acer to download bios?
  • invador0007
    Options
    To bypass version popup.
    Google Drive - link

Just to be clear sir, I just click this link, download it then run it. No need to go to support page of Acer to download bios?
    Support page BIOS doesn't support backward flashing it'll give an error. This file is modified to bypass BIOS version check nothing else is touched but if you are still uncomfortable to flash an unofficial BIOS then it's all up to you.
  • Matthewdavilaa

Tinkerer

Options
    To bypass version popup.
    Google Drive - link

Support page BIOS doesn't support backward flashing it'll give an error. This file is modified to bypass BIOS version check nothing else is touched but if you are still uncomfortable to flash an unofficial BIOS then it's all up to you.
    Hello again sir, sorry am a newbie with this. But I don't seem to find the "H2OFFT-Wx64.exe", only a FH53M106.7z. Can you help me?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them.

We also cannot attest to the safety of third party websites.

Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk.

Regards,

Acer-Manny

• invador0007
    Options
    To bypass version popup.
    Google Drive - link

Hello again sir, sorry am a newbie with this. But I don't seem to find the "H2OFFT-Wx64.exe", only a FH53M106.7z. Can you help me?
    First download a compression tool like winrar or 7zip, install it then you'll be able to extract FH53M106.7z file. After extraction open newly extracted folder and inside you'll find the above mentioned file to execute. 
  • invador0007
    Options

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them.

We also cannot attest to the safety of third party websites.

Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk.

Regards,

Acer-Manny

@Matthewdavilaa make sure, it isn't an official fix this is just a work around by non acer employees. 
  • corvusthegenius
    corvusthegenius Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
    Options
    does anyone manage to fix the issue where the fans ramp up while charging on low battery?
  • invador0007
    Options
    does anyone manage to fix the issue where the fans ramp up while charging on low battery?
    You can create a new post for the issue, others can help fast instead posting this in an irrelevant topic.
    On the other note what is the RPM on charging while full charge and on low battery.
  • joelchan2001
    joelchan2001 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi i was wondering if i turn up the Turbo Ratio Limits to 50 for all cores what  will happen ?
  • invador0007
    Options
    Hi i was wondering if i turn up the Turbo Ratio Limits to 50 for all cores what  will happen ?
    This will allow your processor to go up to 5Ghz on all cores if it's cool enough otherwise it'll throttle to whatever system manages to maintain on all cores.
    Doing it boosts performance of system if is cool enough else you'll start getting more stutters in game than before. Worst case you get is a BSOD on changing all cores to 50 but with not sufficient cooling high average temperature in long term will affect CPU negatively by shortening it's life. So it all comes down to cooling if system is cool enough to run with all cores 5GHz below 90C then okay otherwise above that in long term will be bad for system.
  • Jujuonthebeat
    Jujuonthebeat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    To bypass version popup.
    Google Drive - link

can i also have the file pls. it's not anymore in the drive
  • invador0007
    Options
    To bypass version popup.
    Google Drive - link

can i also have the file pls. it's not anymore in the drive
    Link
  • Jujuonthebeat
    Jujuonthebeat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you so much
    I finally back to BIOS 1.6 
  • JohnVonNeumann
    JohnVonNeumann Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Do you by any chance have the downgrade bypass for Helios 300 G3-571 model? Or do you know where to get one?
    Is this next BIOS going to be for PH315-53 model only?
  • iamsrc
    iamsrc Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I noticed couple of things after the bios update to v1.06:

1. The bios v1.06 says it provides Intel ME firmware version 14.0.37.1165 for Windows 20H1. But mine is still showing up as 14.0.31.1120.
    I checked it in Device Manager > System Devices > Intel(R) Management Engine Interface.
    My automatic firmware update option in windows update is off.
    My current bios is v1.06 and have recently updated windows to 20H2 through automatic updates.

2. After the care center update to version 4.00.3014. The battery charge restriction to 80% option is reset to off after every restart along with the cool boost toggle in predator sense.
    Care center takes a long (by long I mean really long, almost a few minutes) to start after booting up and my Predator sense RGB profiles and fan settings only kick in after I log in as compared to when I had bought the laptop (stock firmware and windows) when it kicked in the moment after I posted.

Note: I can't rollback the acer care center or predator sense update as the acer support page only has the latest version of care center and predator sense.

Is anyone else facing the same issues?
  • invador0007
    Options
    Do you by any chance have the downgrade bypass for Helios 300 G3-571 model? Or do you know where to get one?
    Is this next BIOS going to be for PH315-53 model only?
    For the first question I don't have bypass for g3-571 rather you could create a thread, it'll help.
    second yes that's product specific, you should not be flashing another product firmware onto another device.