Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 (2020 Model) BIOS Backward Compatibility and Overclock Fix.

Answers

• @AZZIZ and @invador0007You can also manually disable:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AZZIZ
    AZZIZ Member Posts: 49 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Thanks!!!!
  • KillSmith
    KillSmith Member Posts: 1 New User

I followed the guide to rollback the BIOS to 1.06 and it worked but when I restarted my laptop it went back to install 1.07.. 
    The rollback button is disabled for some reason.. Anyone has any idea why? :sleepy:
  • YoussefAsrar
    YoussefAsrar Member Posts: 3 New User
    hello Everyone, I have a Helios 300 PH315-53 (2020 Model) and I had the Blue screen problem ( SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ). i tried many things to fix that (update windows, update drivers ... ) but it still hapening  .
    so I just Tried to update the Bios to 1.07, I didnt know that will create the heat problem and I dont know if that will fix the blue screen problem.
    please what i have to do now (downgrade the bios or leave it like that or is that will fix the Blue screen problem)
    and THANK YOUUU.
  • invador0007
    invador0007 Member Posts: 134 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    KillSmith said:

I followed the guide to rollback the BIOS to 1.06 and it worked but when I restarted my laptop it went back to install 1.07.. 
    The rollback button is disabled for some reason.. Anyone has any idea why? :sleepy:
    just disable the firmware in the device manager and flash the bios 1.06 again.
  • invador0007
    hello Everyone, I have a Helios 300 PH315-53 (2020 Model) and I had the Blue screen problem ( SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ). i tried many things to fix that (update windows, update drivers ... ) but it still hapening  .
    so I just Tried to update the Bios to 1.07, I didnt know that will create the heat problem and I dont know if that will fix the blue screen problem.
    please what i have to do now (downgrade the bios or leave it like that or is that will fix the Blue screen problem)
    and THANK YOUUU.
    Roll back to 1.06 and reset windows that might fix your issue. 
  • YoussefAsrar
    and THANK YOUUU.
    thank You, I installed the 1.06 Bios and the heat problem is solved.
    and i installed all the new drivers of PH-315 53 in the Acer page, everything seems fine so far, I hope that fix the BSOD problem Bcause I dont wanna lose all my data and games i've installed, it tooks my i while to download everything.
  • invador0007
    and THANK YOUUU.
    and i installed all the new drivers of PH-315 53 in the Acer page, everything seems fine so far, I hope that fix the BSOD problem Bcause I dont wanna lose all my data and games i've installed, it tooks my i while to download everything.
    I hope driver reinstall fixed your problem but if not, resetting windows won't delete everything on disk.
    Just select keep my files while resetting windows or else paste your downloaded data to HDD then format Windows drive and paste it back, yeah it'll take your considerable time but worth the effort if it fixes your BSOD's.
  • YoussefAsrar
    and THANK YOUUU.
    I hope driver reinstall fixed your problem but if not, resetting windows won't delete everything on disk.
    Just select keep my files while resetting windows or else paste your downloaded data to HDD then format Windows drive and paste it back, yeah it'll take your considerable time but worth the effort if it fixes your BSOD's.
    for now everything is good
    yeah the BSOD is like hell, If it happens again (i hope it wont) i'll reset windows without deleting everything.
    and thank You sooo Much For Ur time :)
  • iyzer
    iyzer Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

have you found the ideal turbo limits for max clock speeds and temps not going above 87-88 under heavy use?
  • invador0007
    iyzer said:
    have you found the ideal turbo limits for max clock speeds and temps not going above 87-88 under heavy use?
    post me the default and your custom FIVR, TPL window screenshots.

• Saladass
    Saladass Member Posts: 2 New User
    To bypass version popup.
    Just download and execute the "H2OFFT-Wx64.exe" in the zip.
    Google Drive - link
    This zip is strictly for PH315-53(Intel i7 10750H and RTX 2060) model.

Sorry to necro @invador0007 but do you have any fix for this pop up on the PH315-53 (i5 10300H, 1650 ti) version?
  • invador0007
    Saladass said:
    To bypass version popup.
    Just download and execute the "H2OFFT-Wx64.exe" in the zip.
    Google Drive - link
    This zip is strictly for PH315-53(Intel i7 10750H and RTX 2060) model.

Sorry to necro @invador0007 but do you have any fix for this pop up on the PH315-53 (i5 10300H, 1650 ti) version?
    I do not have access to that machine so it won't be possible for me to give you the files that aren't tested.
  • iyzer

Tinkerer

edited November 2020
    Turbo Boost Power Limits is unchanged 

Default Turbo Ratio Limits 5,48,46,43,41
    Default IccMax 140
  • invador0007
    iyzer said:
    Turbo Boost Power Limits is unchanged 

Default Turbo Ratio Limits 5,48,46,43,41
    Default IccMax 140

These low TDP limits will surely pull your synthetic benchmarks down but you won't be running benchmarks keeping them aside these settings will surely help you run laptop cooler(10C less i hope) and more stable with smooth gaming for hours and in real time heavy usage and gaming these won't pull you fps down that much.

note-keep in mind these lower TDP will cause more time when you are running encoding decoding, compression like stuff.(handbrake, Adobe like software)
    for that higher TDP will help. Still we are talking like 10sec delay that I can trade off easily for lower temps.

• iyzer

Tinkerer

@invador0007 Changing TDP will affect all the 4 profiles or one single profile?
  • invador0007
    iyzer said:
    All profiles, TDP can't be set for each profile, I'll suggest you to make above changes and benchmark to see variation and then fire up a game (CPU intensive) to test temperature with the new setting, if up to your taste use it or tweak according to your preference.
  • invador0007
    iyzer said:
    All profiles, TDP can't be set for each profile, I'll suggest you to make above changes and benchmark to see variation and then fire up a game (CPU intensive) to test temperature with the new setting, if up to your taste use it or tweak according to your preference.
    Refer here for your stock TDP, OEM's s are just pushing to the limits which is not feasible in terms of heat and eventually you'll throttle more than gaining.
  • iyzer

Tinkerer

edited November 2020
    @invador0007
    I currently don't have any heating issues cause I've undervolted both CPU & GPU so, If I game for too long my GPU & CPU temps don't go above 65 and 80. My CPU throttles at 90 so, I'm looking for settings which will not exceed 85-86 after few hours but run at max performance in Benchmarks under those temperatures only.
  • invador0007
    iyzer said:
    @invador0007
    I currently don't have any heating issues cause I've undervolted both CPU & GPU so, If I game for too long my GPU & CPU temps don't go above 65 and 80. My CPU throttles at 90 so, I'm looking for settings which will not exceed 85-86 after few hours but run at max performance under those temperatures only.
    I would say there is no need to undervolt your GPU, it mostly the CPU that need undervolting.
    For that sweet spot of maximum performance you should start with the default system setting and lower it value by value of TDP(yeah it'll take time but worth it) as each chip has its own endurance capacity which varies and how you setup your laptop would also effect.
    No one can give you those exact settings which suits you in your working environment.
    I hope it helps and it won't take more than a week to find those perfect profile for yourself just keep nagging it till you achieve it.