how do i fix fps stutters on my acer nitro 5 515-51

NitroGamer21
NitroGamer21 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
i have a acer nitro 5 with a i5 7300hq and a gtx 1050 with 4 gbs of vram, i have 8 gbs of ram and a 1 tb hdd. when i try to play gta v i can play with 60 fps smooth for about 10 minutes and then it starts lagging and stuttering. i have tried under volting my cpu because i thought maybe it was a overheating issue because my temps where at 90c and when i checked the intel extreme tuning utility it said that my cpu was thermal throttling. after i did the under volt it only when to 80c but it still started to lag after 10 minutes of playing. what could it be? some extra info...

my gtx 1050 has 4 gbs of vram so in my gta v setting i make it only use 2gbs of vram but when i check with msi afterburner how much vram is being used it says 3.5 gbs.

another thing is my ram i thought it was my ram at first but it doesnt use more than 5 gbs of my 8 gb ram.

if you think you know what i could do to fix this please let me know, also i ordered some thermal grizzly kryonaut thermal paste because my cpu and gpu get pretty hot.

Answers