Acer Spin SP513-52N display wont turn on after sleep

summerbb13
summerbb13 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi,
I have been having the problem for the last 6 months or so and it has been getting worse. Basically, if I left my computer for a prolonged period of time (1 hour or so, maybe less- usually happened over lunch) with the laptop plugged in and word documents open, I would come back and tap the mouse or keys to unlock it as I usually would. The keyboard would light up, but no matter what I tried the display would not come back on. The only thing that would work is holding down the power button to reboot it.
This is not good for the computer and it is doing this more frequently and whether or not I have it plugged in or have word documents open. 
What can I do to stop this happening? I have looked through all the settings and tried to change stuff and I also factory reset the computer but nothing has helped. I try to remember to manually put the laptop to sleep before I leave it, but I don't always remember or I leave my computer for longer than I anticipated. 

Thanks,

Edited the content to hide personal information

Answers

• GGL
    GGL Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2021
    I've joined up here due to this exact issue. I've put up with it for months and have tried the Acer support suggestions (https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41977) and some others from these forums (e.g. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/593683/acer-sp513-52n-does-not-wake-up-from-sleep) and elsewhere to no avail.

It's discouraging that your post hasn't had a response. Apparently it's a known issue with some implication that they're working with Microsoft to remedy it. 

Acer; anyone? The laptop's great but this issue is really frustrating. 

P.S. Spin SP513-52N-58E1, purchased Nov 2018.
  • sleeplessinsg
    sleeplessinsg Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the exact same problem. I bought my SP513-52N back in June 2018, and this black screen issue started late 2019. It is only getting worse, and now we're all working remotely, I have moments when my screen blacks out mid-Zoom conference, it is insanely frustrating.

I have to prop my laptop on an angle, sometimes it helps. I suspect it's a weakness in the joint/connection, seeing this is a flip screen device. That said, I rarely flip my screen, I use it as a laptop 99.99% of the time. My further suspicion is humidity, given the climate, but I am only speculating.

Acer, please give us advice.