ACER SP513-52N DOES NOT WAKE UP FROM SLEEP

Options
Roona
Roona Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, 
i recently purchased an ACER SPIN 5 and when it goes into sleep mode, it doesn't wake up. I have to do a hard reset by long pressing the power button which eventually ends up in loss of work. This is extremely frustrating. Pls help. waiting for a reply. do you want any other information about BIOS or processor ? 
thanks  

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,116 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try turning on the Hybrid sleep in Advanced Power options, please find the instructions for enabling Hybrid sleep in this link:https://www.minitool.com/lib/hybrid-sleep.html

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    About the pen, have you tried to adjust the tip of the pen? 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Roona

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,
    You could try turning on the Hybrid sleep in Advanced Power options, please find the instructions for enabling Hybrid sleep in this link:https://www.minitool.com/lib/hybrid-sleep.html

IS THIS WHAT I SHOULD DO ?
  • Roona

Tinkerer

Options
    About the pen, have you tried to adjust the tip of the pen? 
    YES I DID !! NOTHING CHANGED WHEN I USE PHOTOSHOP
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Roona said:
    Hi,

Hi,
    Yes, turn it on.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried to update video card drivers on intel and nvidia websites?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Roona

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried to update video card drivers on intel and nvidia websites?
    pls guide me through the steps
  • Roona

Tinkerer

Options
    Roona said:
    Hi,

Hi,
    Yes, turn it on.
    yes, i ve turned it on already. but still the issue remains
  • Roona

Tinkerer

Options
    I have  set the hybrid  power on and it works now. thanks much 
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Roona said:
    I have  set the hybrid  power on and it works now. thanks much 
    You are welcome  :)
  • Roona

Tinkerer

Options
    acer does not wake up from sleep when plugged into power ? please help 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Roona please start your own thread. Include your full model number, describe the problem you are having and what steps you have taken so far to fix it. It's pretty important that we have that info in order to see what might be wrong.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @biilBut it was he who created the topic, see:

@Roona Is the computer still having problems?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Ah, just trying to start all over again from the beginning?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Roona

Tinkerer

Options
    @biilBut it was he who created the topic, see:

@Roona Is the computer still having problems?
    @egydiocoelho yes it still has problem. after enabling the hybrid sleep option it wakes up from sleep when the PC is unplugged from power supply. but when the PC is plugged on to power supply and if goes into sleep mode, its not waking up and i always end up doing a force shut down. please help. 
  • Roona

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    @Roona please start your own thread. Include your full model number, describe the problem you are having and what steps you have taken so far to fix it. It's pretty important that we have that info in order to see what might be wrong.
    bill, this is the continuation of the my own thread which i started two months back when i faced problems with my PC waking up from sleep. Now that i have similar issues again, I am continuing here with the same old thread hoping that it might be useful for the one who replies to see the old information. thanks !!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the version bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Roona

Tinkerer

Options
    What is the version bios?
    insyde corp. V1.08
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The same problem occurs when you disable fastboot in the bios and fast startup in the power options? Also, have you tried to update the video card drivers on the intel and nvidia websites? What happens when you update the bios to version 1.15? https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/7345?b=1

Updating the bios is a risky procedure and I am not responsible for any damage.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• negative_zero
    negative_zero Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    I called tech support, and they told me to make a change in Power Settings.
    In Windows 10, open Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings. Go down to "Multimedia settings", and for "When sharing media", for "plugged in", change it to "Allow the computer to sleep". That ought to do it!