Acer Swift Sf314-52-34WY SSD compatibility

Options
Olivahhh
Olivahhh Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a Acer swift SF313-52-34WY I wish to add a secondary SSD to.
Following the handy guide (https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/566467/how-many-slot-in-acer-swift-sf314-52?breakffcache=9bff7) I have opened it up to reveal a second m.2 ssd slot as I was unable to confirm this looking online.
Can someone confirm if this ssd is suitable to be fitted to this laptop?
https://www.crucial.com/ssd/mx500/ct250mx500ssd4/ct12464383
thanks in advance

Edited the thread to hide personal information.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is yours the 314 or 313? I'm assuming the 313 was a typo. I only see one M.2 slot for an SSD. That slot supports either SATA3 or NVMe drives. That drive is SATA3 so will work, but it'll be slower than an equivalent NVMe drive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is yours the 314 or 313? I'm assuming the 313 was a typo. I only see one M.2 slot for an SSD. That slot supports either SATA3 or NVMe drives. That drive is SATA3 so will work, but it'll be slower than an equivalent NVMe drive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,052 Trailblazer
    edited October 2020
    Options
    The SF314-52 series has two M.2 slots  for SSDs:

France
  • billsey
    Options
    Ah, but I only saw one of those connectors in the MB... I see it now, one over by the audio jack and a second clear at the other end of the MB. The second one is PCIe x2, so may be SATA3 only, which still works for the drive linked.