How many slot in Acer Swift SF314-52?

Options
mparati
mparati Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone, I have an Acer Swift SF314-52 with a 256GB SSD nvme and I want to increase the memory. Is there a second SSD slot on this computer or do I have replace the one with a larger one?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good night mparati !

What exact model of your laptop?
    Example: SF314-52-59TW

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• mparati
    Options
    MaClane said: Good night mparati !

What exact model of your laptop?
    Example: SF314-52-59TW

My computer model is Acer Swift 3 SF314-52-570N
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    This model has only one M.2 2280 slot with support for SSD 2280 Sata 3 or PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 up to 512Gb.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    Here's a link.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/565062/acer-swift-3-sf314-52-m-2-nvme-compatibility

I'm not sure which slot is M.2 SATA3 and which slot is M.2 PCI NVMe.  Maybe @Plexi can help.  

Also, it appears that your back cover screws require a torx screwdriver T6 like this one (example of a good T6 screwdriver).  You should unplug the power adapter and disconnect your battery before adding or removing a M.2 SSD or tinkering....and wear an anti-static wrist strap.  Lots of videos on youtube on how to install M.2 SSD.  Don't forget to buy an M.2 SSD screw if you add an additional M.2 SSD.

Good luck!!!!

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mparati
    Options
    JordanB said: Here's a link.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/565062/acer-swift-3-sf314-52-m-2-nvme-compatibility

I'm not sure which slot is M.2 SATA3 and which slot is M.2 PCI NVMe.  Maybe @Plexi can help.  

Also, it appears that your back cover screws require a torx screwdriver T6 like this one (example of a good T6 screwdriver).  You should unplug the power adapter and disconnect your battery before adding or removing a M.2 SSD or tinkering....and wear an anti-static wrist strap.  Lots of videos on youtube on how to install M.2 SSD.  Don't forget to buy an M.2 SSD screw if you add an additional M.2 SSD.

Good luck!!!!

So you're telling me there are two ssd slots?
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    @mparati

The forum member @Plexi has an SF314-52-55J4 with i5 7200U and 8GB onboard/soldered ram.  His/her mainboard has an Acer part # of NB.GNU11.004

You have an SF314-52-570N with i5-7200U and 8GB onboard/soldered ram.  Your mainboard has an Acer part # of NB.GNU11.004

Plexi has two M.2 SSD slots.  Apparently one of them is M.2 SATA3 and one of them is M.2 PCI NVMe.

See link below.  That's all the info that I have.  Good luck!!

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options
    Both models have one M.2 SSD slot and one M.2 WiFi slot. The SSD can either be a SATA3 or NVMe.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.