Acer Swift 3 SF314-52 M.2 nvme compatibility

Plexi
Plexi Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
I have a SF314-52-55J4 it comes with a 128gb sata ssd. I opened it up earlier to make sure it has a second M.2 slot which it does. I wanted to know if I can add an M.2 nvme ssd, specifically the Crucial 500gb P1 nvme ssd. So in other words, does my laptop support nvme ssd's and if so, which slot should I use?
Any help is appreciated 

Best Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning Plexi !

This model comes with 128Gb SSD Module of interface Sata 3.
    The unit can be added with 2nd M.2 drive.
    Supported capacities are 256Gb or 512Gb and it is NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen3 x 4).

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Just by complementing maclane's reply, check out this site: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Swift-SF314-52/59493
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning Plexi !

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Just by complementing maclane's reply, check out this site: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Swift-SF314-52/59493
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Plexi
    Alright thanks everyone, I have ordered the Crucial P1 that I mentioned. I will update how it works once it arrives.
  • Great my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaClane
    How nice!
    We are waiting to inform and mark the topic as solved!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Plexi
    edited April 2019
    It came in today thanks to prime shipping. Installed it in the empty M.2 (top left) and it works great! Much faster than the included kingston one (bottom right under silver thing).

Benchmarked both of them quickly so you can see the clear speed improvements. I think these results speak for themselves!
  • Great my friend =)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaClane
    Good thing you fixed it!
    Needing something, just post!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• lilcanadianboi
    lilcanadianboi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, i was wondering where you bought yours and what screws did you use? cause im planning to upgrade mine and idk if my laptop has 2 m.2s or not
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    @lilcanadianboi Likely best to start your own topic and give us your model number. That way we can look up what works and what doesn't for your specific model. The screw should be a M2x3mm and is often not included with the machine or with the SSD. Luckily they are easy to find online and cheap.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FedericoMariotti
    FedericoMariotti Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi everyone, is this SSD ok for my Swift 3 SF314-52? Thank you all in advance <3
    "Sabrent SSD Interno 512GB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Drive a Stato Solido ad Alte Prestazioni (SB-ROCKET-512)"
    https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07KGMBCKD/ref=psdc_460114031_t1_B07P7FPBZ5
  • AjFdc
    AjFdc Member Posts: 2 New User
    MaClane said:
    Good Morning Plexi !

how about this m.2 nvme ssd 1tb????     https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://shopee.ph/product/89762129/4118033986?smtt=0.0.9&amp;h=AT1qWpQ5l-zxxwM_mMX5s_JtPa3FTtJZPKuHaWKggM-SrIRIpsj09BVEk6A2uIZNoyR0OxjsYunV6Jq_xIiqN6EJKq1l1TKO2pqa2KbCsjV1t4wbsHiwHenfyvZS0rOz3ucBVu9EFPk-boE&amp;s=1
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer