Acer Care Center Not Showing Battery Charge Limit/ Battery Calibration After BIOS Update Spin 3

Sam3210Sam3210 Member Posts: 4 New User
Basically, this morning, I updated my Acer Spin 3's BIOS from v1.2 to v1.6. I then proceeded to open Care Center to calibrate my battery only to find that the Battery Charge Limit and Calibration options are no longer visible there. Is this a bug or is there any way to fix this? Thank you!

P.S. These options were on my laptop prior to the update and I do use Battery Charge Limit.

FAQ & Answers

• Sam3210Sam3210 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Here is a screenshot of what it looks like right now:
  • alexaealexae Member Posts: 1 New User
    Anyone have an answer to this yet? I prefer to game with my laptop plugged in for maximum performance without worrying about overcharging. The Care Center was working fine until a few days ago. Would really appreciate even just a clarification on any updates made on the app. 
  • PteriPteri Member Posts: 2 New User
    Similar issue here. Just bought a new Acer laptop and there is no Battery Charge Limit option in sight...
  • AhmedElianAhmedElian Member Posts: 1 New User
    Uninstall Acer care center, and then download it from here, and install it.
  • R0H1THR0H1TH Member Posts: 3 New User
    Uninstall Acer care center, and then download it from here, and install it.

Thanks bro. You saved my day. This is working really fine and the options are visible again now.
  • T0pGunT0pGun Member Posts: 4 New User
    Tried the download from @AhmedElian but it still does show the Battery Charge Limit option. Do you have an older one or maybe a newer one to enable the Battery Charge Limit option?
  • VondutchttttttVondutchtttttt Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi is this issue resolved? i also want to add this limit
  • cat_manducat_mandu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Had the same thing happen to me this morning with my almost brand-new (unboxed less than 3 months ago) Spin sp314-54N. 

80% battery limit working, and limit option present in Care Center (along with ability to calibrate battery) at 7:15 am, gone by 7:45 am.
    Only thing that happened during that time was a restart to finish installing a Windows 10 update (apparently the last part of the 20H2 update, which has been slowly installing over the past few days; as an aside, my "new" machine was shipped with such an outdated version of Windows 10 that it reached its end-of-support limit this month and I was forced to upgrade to 20H2.) Uninstalling/ reinstalling the version of Care Center from the Asus website (4.00.3019) didn't work, nor did the version from the Windows Store.

After over 2 hours on the phone with Acer tech support, I was told "20H2 removes the battery limit feature from the Acer Care Center."
    Acer has known about this issue for months and is apparently not doing anything about it. 

Have had all sorts of other problems with this machine (universal tech support response is either "send it in", even when it is obviously a software issue, or "do a factory reset") but this is the final straw - I will never buy Acer again.

What a wonderful start to the Memorial Day weekend
  • MarkusSbMarkusSb Member Posts: 2 New User
    I also experienced the same Problem on my Acer Laptop. When I bought it, the option to limit the battery charge to 80% was there. Of course I turned it on,  because I frequently use my Laptop and wanted to save battery health. After 1 months and a Bios update this option just disappeared and I never got it to work again (there is no other option than for acer to implement this feature again). I also tried the download from @AhmedElian, but Acer Care Center doesn't start on my device (running the preview version of Windows 11).

This now means that only after 1 year of use my battery is down to 80% capacity. This degradation could definetly be less, if the option was still there and Acer actually cared about bringing it back. I also saw lots of other topics about the same behaviour from Acer for other laptop series.

It really seems like Acer just doesn't care about its users in this case.
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 23,533 Trailblazer
    Often the numbers don't actually match the real world... Have you done any calibration cycles? I expect they will work the same in W11 as they did in W10, just go through several full cycles, run on battery until Windows shuts down due to low power then charge fully before turning it back on. See if that affects you 80% number.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • amruthkiranamruthkiran Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm facing the same issue , how am i supposed to use the battery limit feature. @AhmedElian site isn't working anymore
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 23,533 Trailblazer
    Acer Care Center can usually be downloaded from the support site under the drivers section, Applications tab. Note that ACC doesn't support battery limits for many models, it is only there for a few.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.