Acer Care Center Not Showing Battery Charge Limit/ Battery Calibration After BIOS Update Spin 3

Options
2»

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,303 Trailblazer
    Options

I suggest that don't download ACC and if you have it to completely uninstall ACC, Check Windows Services and Task Scheduler and Manager as ACC agent(s) may be still running at the background even when the main app is uninstalled. ACC will try to update apps and interferes with the charging of your battery interfering with BIOS stats and Microsoft ACPI battery control. You don't need ACC. Charge your battery to 100% and keep the power adapter plugged in 24/7 without any issues.

• sybernut
    sybernut Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hello. It's all very fine to reinstall this app, but I would like to understand why the app used to have the options to calibrate and set the battery level…, but now they've disappeared! Thanks.

• sybernut
    edited May 2023
    Options

OK I will try the suggestion to unplug the charger first… so the battery won't settle to 80% until the charger is unplugged, I guess

Nope, no change, the options are still not there with the charger unplugged. Anyway, it makes little sense if the implication is that the battery won't go to 80% unless the charger is unplugged (it goes to 100% and stays there with the charger plugged in).

• sybernut
    Options

Also, the app is slow to load and doesn't easily close. These mfg apps often seem like an afterthought…

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,303 Trailblazer
    Options

Uninstall Acer Care Center, it is of no use to you and causes issues in Windows11, Do not try to limit the battery charging, that interferes with Microsoft ACPI battery control protocol. See this month posts about limiting the battery charging. You can charge you battery to 100% and leave the power adapter on 24/7, no problem.

• jayeff
    jayeff Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

When I do this for my model, A Spin1, there is no care center to download under this options. I tried the one from the microsoft store, which seems to be confused as to whether it is "controlCenter" or "care center." I get the same results as others with no option to set the limit. I am now on my THIRD BATTERY for this laptop and very frustrated that I can't find the option to set this!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Setting a battery charge limit actually doesn't help with battery life enough to make a noticeable difference. Many models (if not most) don't have that option in their versions of Acer Care Center. Which Spin 1 do you have, and how do you use it in regards to battery and AC powered use? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SP1xx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023
    Options

Then look for third party options to limit charging. Acer Care Center has been moving away from that over the last several updates and I personally don't expect them to change that any time soon. I believe they looked at the increased calls to their support people due to battery "issues" caused by people not understanding that setting and decided it wasn't cost effective to continue the feature. Though I could easily be wrong, I'm just basing it on the postings we see here…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.