Aspire M5-583P-6637 How to solve battery charging on and off rapidly

Options
Kevbo75
Kevbo75 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire M, Model M5-583P-6637, MFG Date 9/24/2013.  When charging, the keyboard light flashes along with a beep sound repeatedly.  I open the battery icon in bottom right and I see that the battery is charging and not charging repeatedly.  If the battery is fully charged and AC plugged in, I do not have the problem.  But when some charge is depleted, the problem continues.  I turn off the laptop and leave AC plugged in to have full charge.  The battery does charge.  Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• LunaAdmirer
    LunaAdmirer Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @Kevbo75

You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect the AC adapter, follow the instructions in the video, let the laptop to rest for a while before start using again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

Click yes if this was useful to you!!  :)
  • Kevbo75
    Options
    @LunaAdmirer Thank you for the response.  The link provided did not have any content.  Answer in that link was no longer available.  Is there another link to try?
  • Kevbo75
    Options
    I found another link https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/75-acer-internal-battery-reset.  I tried the reset pin hole.  Pressed with paperclip for 5 secs (while laptop off and AC unplugged).  Then waited 5 mins to turn on.  Did not solve issue.  Are there other suggestions?
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options
    Kevbo75 said:
    I found another link https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/75-acer-internal-battery-reset.  I tried the reset pin hole.  Pressed with paperclip for 5 secs (while laptop off and AC unplugged).  Then waited 5 mins to turn on.  Did not solve issue.  Are there other suggestions?
    Go to device manager and uninstall the battery adapters. Post that restart the unit and check for changes..
  • TOBmed
    TOBmed Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I've been grappling with this problem for months. Battery reset helps temporarily; so does just restarting, sometimes. I uninstalled the battery adapter, no apparent effect. I now find that unplugging the adapter will terminate acute attacks of flashing/beeping, at least temporarily. Machine otherwise still running like a champ. Would gladly try disabling the backlight, if I knew how
  • TOBmed
    TOBmed Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    @Kevbo75 If you're still out there, I've been working on this, and now suspect the problem might be with the AC adapter, rather than the battery. Wish I had a different 65W adapter to try; they are not expensive in any case ($20). You also might try checking to see if the connection between the adapter and power cord is tight