Predator Helios 300, Battery stops charging while playing games.

Options
2»

Answers

• D0WNL1NK
    D0WNL1NK Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited December 2020
    Options
    MartyLz said:
    D0WNL1NK said:
    Do you still have the problem? Because im thinking about buying it but im having second thoughts cus from what i read many people also have this problem
    No. I contacted Acer and they replaced my AC Adapter. No problems since then, touchwood😇.
    I have the same issue, how was the proccess about replacing the AC adapter. Did you pay? 
    Well, my laptop was well within its warranty period, so I didn't have to pay anything :). I just lodged a repair request on the Acer website and a technician came to my home with a new adapter.
  • D0WNL1NK
    D0WNL1NK Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    MartyLz said:
    D0WNL1NK said:
    Do you still have the problem? Because im thinking about buying it but im having second thoughts cus from what i read many people also have this problem
    No. I contacted Acer and they replaced my AC Adapter. No problems since then, touchwood😇.
    I have the same issue, how was the proccess about replacing the AC adapter. Did you pay? 
    No, my laptop was well within warranty, so I didn't have to pay for anything. I just lodged a complaint on the Acer website, and a technician contacted me. He came to my home in order to check the laptop and brought a new Adapter with him.
  • Gomzy
    Gomzy Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hello !

I am facing the same exact issue except that this occurs not while i game but when I open my video editing software Da Vinci Resolve (I got this laptop for my video editing needs a while ago). I am guessing it has something to do with GPU since that seems to be the trigger point for the AC adapter to suddenly stop charging. I had the wire for the adapter replaced once after which it worked fine for a while, but the issue is back and is pretty consistent. Is anything else that can be done?