My Acer Nitro 7 suddenly stopped working.

lnvisibIe
lnvisibIe Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I was just watching a Youtube video on Chrome Web Browser, and suddenly my Nitro 7 gone blank. I checked my battery percentage earlier and it was 83% so its not battery issue I guess.
After it turned blank, I just thought it had some problem(i never faced earlier) so I tried to turn it on again. But it's not turning on. Its just blank screen.

Whenever I press any other button than power button, the backlight of keyboard lits up. But the laptop doesn't starts.

I see the blue light on right side lighting up whenever I press any button other than power button (which on lit whenever my laptop was on) but I don't get any response. Also the amber coloured light is lighting up whenever I connect it to charger ( which is as usual, just its blinking a lil extra)

Can anyone help me solve this problem? I truly don't know what to do.

(I called Acer support, they said a technician will visit after 3 days, so I'm trying to find solution earlier)

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Try battery reset:
    Press and hold the power button for 15 sec., unplug the charger and leave it for ~20 min. Then plug the charger back in and power on the laptop. If that doesn`t help, open it and check all cable connections including the KB flex cable, or wait for  Acer to arrive.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• lnvisibIe

Tinkerer

batmalin said:
    Try battery reset:
    Press and hold the power button for 15 sec., unplug the charger and leave it for ~20 min. Then plug the charger back in and power on the laptop. If that doesn`t help, open it and check all cable connections including the KB flex cable, or wait for  Acer to arrive.
    No, I didn't helped. My laptop is not even starting.
  • batmalin
    Nothing else you can do before Acer visits you :( sorry

• lnvisibIe

Tinkerer

batmalin said:
    Nothing else you can do before Acer visits you :( sorry
    The Acer Engineer told me to visit him, lol.
    He told due to covid, he can't visit me, so I have to give my laptop to a third person (whom he knows) and then the third person will give it to him! He'll repair and then I can collect it from that third person.
  • Is your model the an715-51? Also, is there a warranty seal on the lower case? If not, ask acer support in your country if it violates your hardware warranty. If not, check the keyboard connector and the battery: 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lnvisibIe

Tinkerer

Is your model the an715-51? Also, is there a warranty seal on the lower case? If not, ask acer support in your country if it violates your hardware warranty. If not, check the keyboard connector and the battery: 
    Hello sir, yes model is an715-51.
    Yes there is warranty seal on lower case.
    And I'm afraid to check keyboard connector and battery as it have everything inside and screws are holding the cover. What if I open the screws and it make my laptop out of warranty? Thats the issue. Engineer told me to drop my laptop at his place where he will check the problem.
  • lnvisibIe

Tinkerer

There's a update in my case.

When I press Power switch with Space key, the laptop is turning on. But as soon as I release space key, it turns off again.

Anyone know whats wha problem?
  • do the following: turn off the laptop and disconnect the power adapter. Then press the power button for 12 seconds:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • batmalin
    KB flex cable.

• batmalin
     @egydiocoelho he done that as per my recommendation in my first post.

• lnvisibIe

Tinkerer

do the following: turn off the laptop and disconnect the power adapter. Then press the power button for 12 seconds:

Hello sir, I tried pressing power button for more then 2 minutes continuously, nothing happened. And there's no battery reset hole in my laptop
  • batmalin
    It is a Keyboard flex cable which eiter has loos connector ot it has a bad twist, you stated you have a warranty void sticker so as I already stated nothing else left but to wait for Acer

• batmalin said:
     @egydiocoelho he done that as per my recommendation in my first post.
    Sorry. I had not verified this comment:
    batmalin said:
    Try battery reset:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lnvisibIe

Tinkerer

batmalin said:
    It is a Keyboard flex cable which eiter has loos connector ot it has a bad twist, you stated you have a warranty void sticker so as I already stated nothing else left but to wait for Acer
    I'm just wondering how can something working so fine since last 7 months gets faulty. Like I was just watching YouTube video and my laptop went blank. 

Also, that engineer when he opens up Laptop, he'll damage that warranty seal as well, will he put another seal there?

As per starting diagnosis, I have been told that its issue with the new update of windows 10, now God knows what is the problem, coz I never ever faced such issue.
  • batmalin
    He have to bring a new sticker, if he doesn`t when you sign some warranty pappers, add a note that there is no warranty sticker anymore and tell him to sign that as well.

• lnvisibIe

Tinkerer

batmalin said:
    He have to bring a new sticker, if he doesn`t when you sign some warranty pappers, add a note that there is no warranty sticker anymore and tell him to sign that as well.
    I hope my laptop gets repaired soon. Also, never ever want to face such problem again.
  • batmalin
    Good luck mate!

• When the engineer comes to your home and repairs the laptop, post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lnvisibIe

Tinkerer

When the engineer comes to your home and repairs the laptop, post the result here.
    Engineer said he can't come due to covid19 issue in his area. He told me to give my laptop to his cousin who owns a shop. He said his cousin will drop my laptop to his home. He'll repair it and give it back to that third person from where I can collect it back. I'm confused, what to do? I'm really think about it a lot. Why he wants me to go there when the service Support said he'll come to my place to fix it.
     I need suggestion what should I do?
  • I do not recommend handing over your laptop to a third person who does not work for acer technical support and who you do not know. You have to hand the laptop over directly to the technician who works for acer.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer