Which Acer and other apps should I restore after Windows 10 Fresh Start?

2»

Answers

• I believe that there will be no problems in case of any trace of the files of this program.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Beck18
    Beck18 Member Posts: 63 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Thank you.  Then I'll just uninstall the 3.0... version and stick with the 2.0... version that installs ok . . .
  • Beck18
    egydiocoelho, just want to make sure I get it right this time.  
    Below is a screenshot of the files I downloaded from the support page for my laptop, in order to install Acer Quick Access 2.01.3028.
    Which files should I be clicking on to do the install?  Thank you.

• Click in setup.exe.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Beck18

About the drivers, you can install the latest versions on the intel and nvidia websites:
    The other drivers can be downloaded through windows.

Now, as you really want to reinstall windows 10, it might be better to perform a cold installation using a microsoft iso.
      Hi, Thanks for your continued guidance.
    I'm still unclear about how to acquire the full complement of drivers I had on my computer prior to doing a Fresh Start reinstall of the OS.

Of the drivers I had before the reinstall, these ones (per Free PC Audit) seem to still be missing (even after doing Windows Update):
    • Acer Driver Setup Utility 
    • Acer Audio Invert utility
    and
    1. Dolby Audio x2 Windows APP

2. Intel(R) IPP Run-Time Installer 5.2 for Windows* o IA-32
    3. Intel(R) Management Engine Components
    4. Intel(R) Processor Graphics
    5. Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology
    6. Intel(R) Serial IO
    7. Intel(R) Virtual Buttons
    8. Intel Security Assist

9. InterActual Player

10. Qualcomm Atheros 11c Wireless LAN&Bluetooth Installer
    12. VBCABLE-A, The Virtual Audio Cable  [I'm not sure if this is an app that came with some audio hardware I may have later used with the laptop.]
    13. VBCABLE-B, The Virtual Audio Cable
    And these are the drivers which installed after I went to Intel's site per your suggestion and used their Driver Download service for my model laptop:
    • Dolby Audio X2 Windows API SDK, Version: 0.4.0.22, Publisher: Dolby Laboratories, Inc., Install date: 2020-07-24, Size: 8.0 MB
    • Intel(R) Computing Improvement Program, Version: 2.4.05929, Publisher: Intel Corporation, Install date: 2020-07-30, Size: 49.0 MB
    • Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology, Version: 14.8.16.1063, Publisher: Intel Corporation
    • Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, Version: 20.8.30.5, Publisher: Intel, Size: 72.6 MB
    And then below is a screenshot of the 13 drivers available on my laptop's Acer support page:
    ( https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6397?b=1&pn=NX.G7WAA.002 )

I'm wondering, should I just install all 13 drivers provided on the support page?  If I do, might it conflict with some of the ones that I just installed from Intel's site?

Thanks for any direction and illumination you can provide!!
  • Some drivers are already installed by windows update. What I recommend is that you download the latest versions from the websites of intel and nvidia.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Beck18
    Some drivers are already installed by windows update. What I recommend is that you download the latest versions from the websites of intel and nvidia.
    Hi,  I'm confused re nvidia:  the exe file for Nvidia that you earlier sent me takes me to a page that lists these requirements:

Supported Hardware:

CPU:
    • Intel Pentium G Series, Quad Core i3, i5, i7, or higher
    • AMD FX, or higher
    GPU: GeForce

But my laptop's graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics 520 . . .
  • Beck18
    I did download the latest drivers from Intel . . . but it did not replace all the drivers I had previously! and it also gave me a message that for the chipset driver I have to get it from my PC's manufacturer . . .
  • Beck18
    Beck18 said:
    I did download the latest drivers from Intel . . . but it did not replace all the drivers I had previously! and it also gave me a message that for the chipset driver I have to get it from my PC's manufacturer . . .
      Correction:   After I used Intel's "Driver & Support Assistant", under "Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 520", it says:
     "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer.  The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver.  Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues.  Contact Acer for the latest driver for your computer."

Then beneath that, under "Driver Details" it says, Provider - Intel Corporation, Version 22.20.16.4691,  Date 6/2/2017"
  • Beck18
    On my Acer's support page, there's a "VGA driver" from Intel, from 2016.
    Is that the same as my monitor driver -- which is showing a Microsoft Driver from 2006?  (see attached photo) 
    Should I install that instead of going to Nvidia's website?

• b) then disable wireless and then uninstall and run this driver:

c) restart windows and install the latest driver.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Beck18
    b) then disable wireless and then uninstall and run this driver:

c) restart windows and install the latest driver.
    Thank you!  So sorry, but am confused and would greatly appreciate added clarification:
    1) Can I disable wireless simply by clicking on "wi fi" in the action center on bottom-right of screen and turning it off?
    2) RE "b)", Which driver do you want me to uninstall??  Intel Graphics 3000?  My Intel Graphics 520?  Something else?
    3) And after I've uninstalled it, are you saying I should run what??  the same driver? -- or a different driver?
      How do I "run" the driver if I've just uninstalled it?  Where am I getting it from?
    For "c)", when you say "restart windows and install the latest driver", where do you want me to install it from??  From the support page?  From the folder from the link you sent?
    Please advise . . . 
  • 1) Yes
    2) only Intel 520
    3) restart the windows and after install this driver version: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29784/a08/igfx_win10_100.8476.zip

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Beck18
    1) Yes
    2) only Intel 520
    3) restart the windows and after install this driver version: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29784/a08/igfx_win10_100.8476.zip

So just to make sure I understand the steps:
    1) I download the zip package you sent me and extract it.
    2) I disable my wireless.
    3) Then, you want me to go to Device Manager > Display Adapters > Intel HD Graphics 520, and go to Uninstall Device.

Am I supposed to
    put a check in the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device"?

If I do that, after restart, will my laptop monitor still work??

4) then I reboot my computer.
    5) then I go back to Device Manager > Display Adapters > Intel HD Graphics 520 > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software, and then click on "igxpin"  (where Type is Application)? 

And also just to confirm: currently the HD Graphics 520 driver I have is version 22.20.16.4691 published 6/2/2017, provided by Intel (and digitally signed by Microsoft Hardware Compatibility Provider) after I used Intel's Driver & Support Assistant.

After I install the driver from you, what will I have?  Will it be a driver created by Acer?    Will it be a different version than the one I already have?

• 1) yes
    2) yes
    3) yes and yes
    4) yes
    5) no! Extract this file with a program called WINRAR and then perform the installation. 
    https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29784/a08/igfx_win10_100.8476.zip

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Beck18
    1) yes
    2) yes
    3) yes and yes
    4) yes
    5) no! Extract this file with a program called WINRAR and then perform the installation. 
    https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29784/a08/igfx_win10_100.8476.zip

Oh, glad I clarified!  
    Re #5, when should I extract using WINRAR:  
    during step #1
    , just after I've downloaded it? 
    OR 
    do I only download it during step #1, but then wait until step #5 to extract it?

Secondly (just to be clear) when you say "then perform the installation", what is the process for doing so? . . .
    Is there a particular file -- within the extracted files and folders -- that I am supposed to click on?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Skratch
    Skratch Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am trying to set up a recovery drive using the Acer Care Center REcovery.  It seems to be taking a long time.
    Also, if I do a restore, how do I keep all my apps?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,714 Trailblazer
    @Skratch you should start your own thread instead of camping on this old one. You will get much better exposure to people with possible answers. Use the Ask a Question button and include your model number, the actual question and what you might have tried already.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.