Acer Aspire 725-C62kk dying at 85% battery and won't start unless plugged in. How do I fix it?

Options
2»

Answers

• TravisHiner
    TravisHiner Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Same voltage, but higher capacity from 3-cell to 6-cell (manufactured specifically for this netbook). The bios are the latest version 1.08
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    it is possible that the battery is defective. Can you still trade with the seller?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TravisHiner
    Options
    It is past the date to return. I could purchase a third battery, but the way it is acting I feel that it must be something more with the netbook and less with the battery.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you uninstall these drivers and restart windows:
    How to fix a Windows 10 laptop thats plugged in but isnt
    If the problem still exists, try calibrating the battery:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TravisHiner
    edited August 2020
    Options
    As stated previously I have reinstalled drivers several times with no success.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try performing the power reset:
    a) turn off the laptop and disconnect the power adapter;
    b) then, disconnect the battery and press the power for 60 seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TravisHiner
    Options
    As stated before, I have tried this with no effect.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I believe the battery may be defective.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TravisHiner
    Options
    Turns out that there were two voltages for the same model, some were 11.1V and some were 14.8V (the replacement battery was a 11.1V and the original was 14.8V) I have sent it back to exchange. I will let you know if the new one works.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the problem still occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TravisHiner
    Options
    Problem no longer occurs, new 14.8V battery fixed it.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Great. Accept the answer that helped you.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer