Acer Aspire 725-C62kk dying at 85% battery and won't start unless plugged in. How do I fix it?

Options
TravisHiner
TravisHiner Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

I am having an issue with an Acer Aspire 725-C62kk
The netbook hadn't been used for a year or so and the battery was completely dead. After purchasing a new 6-cell battery the computer would charge up to 100% then when unplugged would die at 80-85% power about 41,000 mWh of 50,522 mWh. I have tried uninstalling either then both battery drivers, flushing the bios, updating the bios to the latest version 1.08, attempted to condition the battery but I can't seem to get it to power up on less than an 80% charge, I even tried to reset windows. But the problem persists. Please help.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Do you know if the new battery has the same voltage as the old battery? Also, what is the version of the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• RogerOriginals
    RogerOriginals Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Download HWMonitor app on your netbook and check the battery specifications for your new battery. I suspect the battery has issues. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, I agree with the top colleague. Send a screenshot with battery drain.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TravisHiner
    Options
    This Is both the HWMonitor and Smarter Battery readings. There was no warning from either, but both showed about 40,000 mWh when the netbook died. It is difficult to screenshot that. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you send a screenshot of the hwinfo64 program's smartbattery guide, which shows battery wear?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TravisHiner
    Options
    Here is the HWinfo64 for smart battery. As it is a new battery it looks like it has 0% wear.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried to perform a power reset? To do this, turn off the notebook, disconnect the power adapter and the battery, and then press the power button for 60 seconds. Also, have you changed the battery or is it still the same since you bought the notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TravisHiner
    Options
    Hi egydiocoelho, I have tried a power reset, the original battery was dead after many years so this is a brand new one. I still have the same issue, which seems to be more with the computer than the battery.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you still send a screenshot of the HWINFO64 program, which shows battery wear?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TravisHiner
    Options
    Please see the HWINFO64 posted above, wear is 0%
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TravisHiner
    Options
    The battery is removable so it doesn't have a reset pin hole. I have tried disconnecting it and putting it back in several times, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Is this a known problem with this model?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think your battery is in trouble. How long ago did you buy the laptop?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TravisHiner
    Options
    Netbook in 2012, but It sat unused for a few years. I plugged it in to update it but the battery wasn't charging, so I bought a new one which charges but the Netbook shuts off at approximately 85% charge when not directly plugged in.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try uninstalling the ac adapter and battery drivers in the device manager and restart windows.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TravisHiner
    Options
    I have tried this before(please see above thread), but the same problem persists. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What I find strange is that the full charged capacity is greater than the designed capacity:

Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect the lithium battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TravisHiner
    Options
    Yes, several times.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    How long ago did you buy the computer? I think it is necessary to change the battery.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVYRVZjsrLU

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TravisHiner
    Options
    Hello as mentioned above, the netbook was bought in 2012 and it has an external battery pack, which I have just replace. This is a new battery.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Do you know if the new battery has the same voltage as the old battery? Also, what is the version of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer