Acer Spin 1 111-31

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does this model allow the installation of a ssd m2 2280 or a hard drive, so you can install windows?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • KILLERDOG
    KILLERDOG Member Posts: 22

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi, im afraid not. I rang Acer, , they said it was a windows fault. But i cant install anything , linux, ubuntu, windows, nothing will install.
  • KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Options
    I need to find an easy way to write to an emmc. Once i can format the emmc, windows 10 will fly on. But it will not format or do anything....
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The emmc is 32gb, correct? This is likely to be the problem. That's why I would consider the option of installing a 2280 m2 ssd or a 2.5 "hdd.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, i know the emmc is the problem. But there is no where to install an ssd or m2. There is no sata connection on the board and no sata power connector.
  • KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Options
    Surely someone on here has the same issie.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are you sure that the connectors are not soldered?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Options
    There are just solder points where the connectors should be.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when trying to install linux?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, i have tried to install ubuntu and it will not install. It seems this emmc harddrive is now a rom. I cant seem to delete partitions and i cant write to it, it will not do much. Even microsoft spent 4 hours on the phone doing the diskpart commands and still notyhing seems to work...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Experimente digitar esses comandos:
    diskpart 
    list disk
    sel disk x
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs=ntfs quick
    assign

Here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, if the CLEAN FORCE command doesn't actually clear the partitions off then likely the eMMC itself is fried which is why it won't allow writes. Do you have access to a tech with good surface mount soldering skills? They might be able to swap the eMMC chip out for a new one. But they'd likely have to be a good friend or else it would cost more than a new system... :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Options
    Oh right. I have done all those commands and the system will not let me write. I think the emmc is fried. Your both right. I do not know anyone with skill to solder a new chip in. Where would i buy a new emmc chip. Can someone please point me to a link on fleabay as to where i will get one. I
  • KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Options
    Maybe i will have to use it with a usb3 hard drive.... Any cheap suggestions :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Soldering a sata connector is possible. But it is a risky procedure.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, I would expect that just soldering in a SATA connector would leave off needed resistors and capacitors. I would be really surprised if it were that simple. You might look on the secondary market for a motherboard, if someone broke their screen the rest would likely still be good...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Options
    Well ive made a USB3 to go Windows 10. And it works and boots so my friend can still use his Spin1 lappy. At least its something. I am very dissapointed in acer though. You guys have been amazing, thanks for all your time and help...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer