Acer Spin 1 111-31

KILLERDOG
KILLERDOG Member Posts: 22

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
Hi Everyone, first post, came here in the hope of someone fixing my problem. Basically the neighbours notebook was not running well and has alot of virus issues. So i decided not mess around and just to format, so i made a Windows 10 Bootable USB and started the process. I dod NOT realsie that i could have reset the thing and started again that way, so i managed to dlete the files on Drive 0 - partition 3, i think the main Windows files where on this drive. Now i have tried to delete partitions and install Windows, and yet the partitions just show up again " refresh ". Hope so i get windows back on iths nasty little tablet. I have tried to format, tried to delete partitions, tried to put linux on it. I cant delete the partitions but i managed to delete the info off partition 3 that contains a pre-installed windows. Any help very much appreciated. All the best, take care in these troubled times, Paul.

Answers

• Are you unable to delete these partitions?
    How to create custom partition to install Windows 10  Pureinfotech
    What happens when you press alt + f10 before the acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Hi, im so frustrated..... Sorry if i come across "narky ", just been working on this for days now. I can not delete those partitions at all. I have tried a Windows cd, Unbuntu, Hirens Boot CD, nothing will delete those partitions. When i press ALT+F10 i do get the option to RESET the pc, but what ever option i choose after that it just says error. I think i deleted the files on partition 3 , those files are needed for a recovery. How can i do a fresh install of windows 10 on tihs tablet ? Thank you for your time and help and sorry for the duplicate posting....
  • The tip that I will suggest to you will erase everything. I am not responsible for any damage. Access the windows installation and press shift + f10. Then, type these commands:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x (hdd or ssd number)
    clean (will delete everything).

Then, close the command prompt and start the installation.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

I do not need to keep anything on this hard drive, i just want to completely wipe it and install a new Windows 10. Also , would you suggest Windows 10 23 or 64 bit, and home or pro editions ? Thx.
  • I recommend using the home x64 version.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Well i have tried everything and i can not install Windows, i cant delete the partitions, i cant do anything. There is no hard drive inside or internal sata connection so i cant install a diff drive.I am truely stuck. I think the hard drive thats installed is a card or chip and windows is imprinted onto it. I made the mistake of deleting the windows installation on partition 3 and now i cant repair or install windows 10...... Im left at the merci of this forum..... I wouldnt mind, i was only trying to format it so a neighbours child could get online and do homework..... I feel so bad... I might end up buying him a laptop and just chucking this one. Seems a shame though, i dont like to be beaten by a bit of hardware...
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Did you use the FORCE parameter to DISKPART when issuing the CLEAN command?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • In addition to what my colleague Billsey said, does this model have an EMMC unit? Can you send a screenshot of the bios information tab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Thx for getting back to myself . Yes, the unit does use emmc, there is no normal hard drive in there, no connections for a sata device to be added. I have given the unit to a friend who is looking at it and i will get it back later on today. I will then post screen shots of the bios. Thanks guys, really appreciate your help...
  • KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

I used the override command with diskpart which does delete the partitions successfully , but when you refresh the partitions come back. Its like the hard drive in this unit is read only and pre-partitioned and setup. How do i restore this back to factory settings because the recovery which loads upon startup is now unable to restore windows 10 itself back to factory defaults. This i believe only started after the first time that the C partition was formated with the Windows 10 setup screen. To explain, rather than do a reset, i opted to do a clean install of Windows 10 and i formatted c partition and got an error message. Now i cant format, delete or do anything.
  • Can you send some photos of the bios settings?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

• KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Got it back from my friend, who said he cant get windows onto the emmc . There is no normal hard drive inside and the unit will not take a hard drive. Its all emmc.
  • KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Hope this helps...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Have you tried these suggestions?
    The tip that I will suggest to you will erase everything. I am not responsible for any damage. Access the windows installation and press shift + f10. Then, type these commands:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x (hdd or ssd number)
    clean (will delete everything).

Then, close the command prompt and start the installation.
    billsey said:
    Did you use the FORCE parameter to DISKPART when issuing the CLEAN command?
    ?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Hi, yes, i did what you said. It deleted all the info off the partitions but i can not install windows. I get an error message. I provided screen shots to show...
  • KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Hope thHope this helps.
  • KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

Windows will not install onto this disk. Any ideas much appreciated...
  • Did you really delete all partitions? I'm out of ideas.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KILLERDOG

Tinkerer

I deleted ALL the partitions. When you click refresh the partitions show up again. Its like this emmc is just a rom and you can not write to it.....