f15 f5-572g-563q won't start

Options

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This occurs when the motherboard has a different revision.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK. Plug everything back in EXCEPT the HDD, RAM module, lithium button cell and battery.

(1) Now first put the button cell back in. Does the machine still stay on?

(2) If yes, keep the button cell in, then plug the RAM module back in. Does the machine still stay on?

(3) If yes, keep the button cell and RAM module in, then plug the HDD back in. Does the machine still stay on?

(4) If yes, keep the button cell, RAM module and HDD  in, then plug the battery back in. Does the machine still stay on? 

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pompan
    Pompan Member Posts: 34 Troubleshooter
    Options
    JackE said:
    OK. Plug everything back in EXCEPT the HDD, RAM module, lithium button cell and battery.

(1) Now first put the button cell back in. Does the machine still stay on?

(2) If yes, keep the button cell in, then plug the RAM module back in. Does the machine still stay on?

(3) If yes, keep the button cell and RAM module in, then plug the HDD back in. Does the machine still stay on?

(4) If yes, keep the button cell, RAM module and HDD  in, then plug the battery back in. Does the machine still stay on? 

Jack E/NJ
    Power unplugged when replacing parts. Power plugged in when starting.
    1) yes.
    2) no. The blue light flashes but turns off directly. 
    I can't remeber it being like this yesterday. The RAM was tricky to reinsert.

• Pompan
    edited July 2020
    Options
    If I use the other RAM socket I have the same result, but with the blue light remaining turned on for a brief longer (like a full second).

• JackE
    Options
    You seem to have a bad RAM module or not properly inserted. Remove the module. Gently wipe it's connectors with a soft cloth to try to clean them up. Then slide back into the original socket at about  a 45* angle. Then push down top of module until the side clamps click and hold it down. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pompan
    Options
    Cleaned it. Tried both sockets again, but with the same result.

"Hold it down." 
    I held down the RAM card in different directions, and also tried the clamps, while trying to start the PC. Same result.
  • JackE
    Options
    The RAM card module only goes in one way, not different directions. It should have a slot on the connector end to prevent inserting it in the wrong way. Post a screenshot of the RAM module. You probably need to get a new one. They aren't too expensive. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pompan
    Options
    Yes, indeed. I meant that I applied little pressure onto the RAM card from different directions to see if it didn't attach properly.

• Pompan
    Options
    Is there a way to test the card to see if it is broken without buying a new one?

If I buy a new one and the same problem persists... what is this an indicator of? (If it's currently possible to say that).
  • JackE
    Options
    The only way to test the old card is in another laptop that takes DDR3 modules. This is a common laptop module so you could also take it to a good-rated local shop like FixarIT who would probably be happy to test it for you especially if they could sell you a new one.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pompan
    Options
    Can the testing hurt the second laptop?
    Dang, I've only got a non-laptop PC with DD3 RAM, haha.
  • JackE
    Options
    The DDR3 laptop module will only fit in a DDR3 laptop socket. I would try to take it to a local shop to test tomorrow morning. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pompan
    Options
    When choosing RAM, is there more than 204 pin and DDR3 that must be specific?
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes. DDR3 Laptop RAM module = 204 pins. This is what you want. It will look almost identical to your Hynix RAM. Don't get Desktop RAM because they are 240 pins. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pompan
    edited July 2020
    Options
    So, I'm back. The RAM seems to work, as the blue light stays on. It does also stay on if I plug in the HDD. Same if I also have the battery plugged in.

However, the screen doesn't turn on in any of the cases.

The fan does spin at least.
  • Pompan
    Options
    I've tried connecting it to a working external monitor, but all I get from it, using a HDMI to HDMI cable is something along the line of "NO HDMI DETECTED".
    The monitor is in HDMI mode.
  • Pompan
    Options
    Inserting both the old and new RAM-cards produces the old error, causing the laptop to shut off after a second or so.

With only the working RAM connected, I notice something like a black flash on the screen when it is turned on and off. The "blackness" of the screen doesn't change during the time that the laptop is on. Only when it is turned on or off.

Is there something more I could try before thinking that the motherboard is broken?
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>So, I'm back. The RAM seems to work, as the blue light stays on. It does also stay on if I plug in the HDD. Same if I also have the battery plugged in. However, the screen doesn't turn on in any of the cases.>>>>

Try to toggle the screen on with the FN+F6 combination. Try to toggle the external HDMI monitor on with the FN+F5 combination. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pompan
    Options
    Tried both. Also tried with only F5 / F6, if the options would've been reversed. 
    Nothing happens on either screen.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>A year ago, my laptop died suddenly. When starting, with power chord and or battery attached, the blue light for power status flashes, the fan starts to spin and the screen seems to flash. However, when releasing the power button, everything stops and nothing more happens.>>>

This is what you said in your first post. What's different now? For example, Is the blue power LED still flashing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ