Acer Swift 3 SF313-52G - BSOD after waking up from sleep

Options
BRaMo
BRaMo Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I'm using an Acer Swift 3 SF313-52G-75FB and noticing after installing genuine Windows 10 Pro 64bit with the latest OS updates my laptop cannot wake up from sleep state without BSOD (Blue screen of death) with the following string: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (mostly seeing this one) or UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION (sometimes) or KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (dxgkrnl.sys) (seen one time).

Tried installing the latest stable drivers from Intel's webpage (which is newer than can be found on Acer's webpage and in Windows Update) but that caused my Bluetooth adapter to get disabled by the system and the BSOD doesn't dissapeard after waking up the  so switched back to the one that can be download from the Acer's website. So most of the drivers are the latest ones can be download from the Acer's support website - except the ones which are automatically upgrades with the latest Windows updates.

Also I tried to idenitfy what causing the BSOD after waking up with BlueScreenView app and it only sees the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED string pointing to ntoskrnl.exe+8cb6c9 but I cannot find any solution the get rid off it, so I have to disable sleep function to all trigger (to avoid accidentally turn to sleep the laptop and lost all of my unsaved work) and every time I don't want to use my laptop have to turn it off.

I assume the laptop's connfiguration is so new, it may be driver issue, but maybe it's a known issue and have some workaround.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,324 Pathfinder
    Options
    @BRaMo

try to place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • BRaMo
    Options
    @BRaMo

try to place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program

Thanks for the fast answer.

The issues is reproductable as well while in Clean Boot. As Clean Boot I did stopped all Windows services and all startup programs via msconfig (as stated on Microsoft's website). While I was in clean boot state I've tried two times to put the laptop to sleep and wake up and both time got BSOD with the same CRITICAL_PRCESS_DIED (ntoskrnl.exe+8cb6c9) string.

Right before the Clean Boot I tried again (to be sure) if the issue is presist and got BSOD with a string KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (ntoskrnl.exe+25d1aa).

Here is some screenshots with the two types of strings, maybe ot helps:

Thanks.
  • BRaMo
    Options
    As well I've noticed that putting to hibernate doesn't works. When I hit on the hibernate, the laptop shuts down well, but when I start the laptop the Acer boot logo appears and the laptop get's a black screen for about 10 sec and the laptop restarts (Acer boot logo again...etc.) and starts the device normally like I just did a normal shut down and not a hibernate.

Also some additional information what I've tried as sleep / wake test without any success:
    • tried with the factory power adapter
    • tried connected type-c dock with Power Delivery 2.0 (with ~40-50W power) with an extra HDMI and VGA monitor
    • tried connected only to a type-c 60W adapter
    • tried on battery power
    Also I've noticed that the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 wireless adapter not so flawless: reading some notebook reviews mentioned some issues on the speed (I didn't noticed any), but the Bluetooth part is a bit laggy after some minutes: connecting a mouse it skips sometimes for a sec and the audio also crackles. My past experiences say the Intel wireless drivers are very buggy in early product release state (in the first year), so maybe I should wait.

Because the laptop works normally even with 1+2 monitors without any force stop I'll just wait for the big Windows 10 May 2020 public update - maybe some new drivers will arrive which will fix this sleep/wake issue.

Also, any advice is welcome. :)
  • BRaMo
    Options
    Okay, I've found the solution:
    ✔️ After installing Intel Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) driver (download the SetupRST.exe) the BSOD disappears after wake up and the system starts normally. The actual version of the driver is 17.8.0.1065, Jan 2020.