BSOD (critical_process_died when turned on after sleep mode win10)

Options
Pepitto
Pepitto Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I buyed recently Aspire a315-54 laptop. Everyting works fine except when going to sleep or hibernate mode on win10. When I turn on laptop I get blue screen and after that win10 message ''your PC needs to restart - critical_process_died''. I've tried everything (even battery reset).

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Then follow these steps.
    (1) Change ALL settings on battery and plugged in to Sleep, none to hibernate or shutdown.
    (2) Click 'change setting that are currently unavailable' near top of page. Scroll down and uncheck 'fast startup'
    Exit ControlPanel. The open the elevated command prompt. Enter  'sfc /scannow'

After the scan is done, shutdown Windows. Then turn the machine back on.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95
    Options
    Please click on the below link for the solution : 
    https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/critical-process-died.html

Hit "Accept" if you find the answer is useful to you.
  • Pepitto
    Options
    None of this above won't work for me. 

• JackE
    Options
    Download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it can find new video drivers for your system. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pepitto
    Options
    Ok, I'll do that. One more question - Is there an option where can I remove factory preinstalled windows10 (home)?
  • JackE
    Options
    Not recommended because the ACER device drivers are tuned to the ACER-oem Win10 version which will not necessarily have all the same system files they depend on as the Microsoft generic Win10 version.  You can certainly install the generic Win10 but it will then likely render useless the hidden ACER factory recovery partition. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Pepitto
    Options
    No movement....I've updated drivers through the Intel website and it's still the same problem. 
  • Jordan87
    Jordan87 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi

Same problem for my sisters new  A315-54. Latest bios 1.08. Clean Win10 installation was done but as I see you have preinstalled Win10 so this is also not a solution.

But i have sometimes also different bluescreen "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" 0x0000007e when system is booting( not after sleep/hibernation) and it looks like it has some correlation with Realtek Audio driver. If i remove this driver no BSODs when booting but problem with start from sleep mode is still present.

I found on polish forum that some other guy have same problems with this model...
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>No movement....I've updated drivers through the Intel website and it's still the same problem.  >>>

Did you also try at least one of the freeware driver tools like DriverBooster yet? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• k9i
    k9i Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    There is post with the same issue where I found a solution. Please note the Intel RST download is no longer supported so read before downloading and use the one suggested on the download page.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/581950/my-a515-54g-get-blue-screen-when-waking-from-sleep#latest
  • Jordan87
    Jordan87 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Thank You!
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29339/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005 Solves my problem with sleep mode. For random boot BSODs i have to wait a little more to confirm :)