Is there a way to Update the Travelmate B117 BIOS with the FN & ESC keys?

Frankthedog
Frankthedog Member Posts: 45 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Trying another route. How can I flash the BIOS of my Travelmate B117 (which will not boot with anything past the Acer splash screen). using the FN and ESC keys? I cannot find a BIOS file for this model that isn't a Win executable! and I obviously cannot get to Windows on this machine. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Answers

• Does the Acer logo appear? Can you access the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Frankthedog
    The Acer logo appears and you can get into the BIOS but I cannot get it to boot beyond that Acer Logo screen. I have tried everything. It let me do a complete WIndows reset but when I booted it up, it stopped at the logo. It will not boot from a cdrom or a flash drive either - I tried Legacy setting too!
     I removed the battery and held down the power button for a minute, that didn't do anything either.
    I am just stumped.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated, I hate to get rid of this laptop, I am really fond of it

• Have you tried to disable secureboot by creating a password on changesupervisorpassword? Also, is sata mode in ahci or rst with optane?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Frankthedog
    Tried it with Secure Boot disabled but still nothing. I do not believe "sata mode in ahci or rst with optane" were even options in that BIOS
  • Is hdd recognized in the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Frankthedog
    Yes. HDD is recognized in BIOS
  • Do you have how to test the hd on another computer and check the health with crystaldiskinfo? I think your hdd is in trouble.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Frankthedog
    The one I have has a 32gb eMMc, not a hard drive.
  • Can you send a photo of the bios information guide? 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Frankthedog
    What specific BIOS page(s) do you want? I have it set to Default Settings right now
  • Can you send a photo of all the guides? Além disso, which is the exato model of the notebook? Example B117-M-P994. Você já tentou reset to battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Frankthedog
    edited May 2020
    Model is tmb117-m-c69m. I removed the battery and held down the power button for 1 minute (didn't help).

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
  • OK! Your model does not have a battery reset hole. Turn off the notebook and then disconnect the power adapter. Then, press the power button for 12 seconds, see:
    RTC Reset Keep Pressing Power Button 10seconds to reset RTC.
    EC Reset Keep Pressing Power Button 12seconds to reset EC.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Frankthedog
    I am sorry, I don't understand what you are telling me to do.
  • Try resetting the lithium battery: Turn off the notebook and then disconnect the power adapter. Then, press the power button for 12 seconds, see.

This is what the service manual says: EC Reset Keep Pressing Power Button 12seconds to reset EC.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Frankthedog
    I did the EC and RTC resets as you instructed but there was no change in the laptop - still cannot get past Acer splash screen
  • What happens when you press alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Frankthedog
    I can get into the Recovery menus but no matter what I have tried (including completing a system reset), the laptop will not go past the Acer splash screen.
  • Frankthedog
    I thought the BIOS might be corrupted but I cannot boot the system. That is why I thought there might be some way to recover the BIOS using key strokes
  • I don't think it's a problem in the bios. Do you know how to create an iso to boot to a usb stick?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer