next@acer 2020

Acer VX5-591G display issue

JohnCenaJohnCena Member Posts: 458 Seasoned Practitioner
On the first minute of system boot, screen becomes really weird. Sometimes screen displays black-white strips with an anormal light adjustment. Sometimes screen dim changes without a reason. When first error happens, if I tilt the display a bit, error goes away. Or if I apply pressure on the case near the display, error goes away too.

Probably I couldn't say it very well but I can record a video of it if you want.

Also these doesn't happen after 1 minutes of the boot. Only happens again when I'm playing a game with blacks and whites together. I think this is something with pins of the display but I'm not sure.

Also I can't get the laptop to service since we are in lockdown and I don't have any other laptop.

Best Answer

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 53,902 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    check here my friend:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

FAQ & Answers

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 53,902 Trailblazer
    From your report, it appears to be a bad connection problem on the monitor's edp cable. I would check the connection of the edp cable on the motherboard and also on the monitor.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JohnCenaJohnCena Member Posts: 458 Seasoned Practitioner
    From your report, it appears to be a bad connection problem on the monitor's edp cable. I would check the connection of the edp cable on the motherboard and also on the monitor.

Where's the EDP cable when I disassemble the monitor? And if it's a bad connection, wouldn't it always do that error?
    Accepted Answer
    check here my friend:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

I'll get back when I do these.
    ok my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

It's fixed now, thanks.
    So the problem was with the edp cable, correct?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

So the problem was with the edp cable, correct?
    Yes, I reconnected it and now problem is gone.
    great my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer