I can't restore windows from recovery or from USB stick

Alejore
Alejore Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

The recovery does not work and I cannot reinstall windows from the USB stick as the partitions are locked. The installation starts by choosing the partition on the ssd m.2 but it gives me an error at 69% of the operation.

Answers

• Alejore

Tinkerer

edited April 2020
    Can anyone help me?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    What kind of computer do you have (full model number)? What drive is in it? How did you create the recovery stick?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Alejore

Tinkerer

Acer Swift SF113-31 series
    I did not create a recovery key because the operating system starts and after about 5 minutes it shuts down by mistake bsod 
  • Alejore

Tinkerer

I can't do a clean install
  • billsey
    OK, are you good with a wipe and reinstall, or do you need to copy data off first? In diskpart select disk 0 as you did, then 'list part' and 'list vol' and show us the result.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Alejore

Tinkerer

I've already saved the data! I can format ...
  • Alejore

Tinkerer

Type your comment
  • billsey
    OK, go ahead and boot from your install flash drive and start the install process. When it gets to the part where you choose the partition, have it delete each partition until there is nothing except unallocated space, then install to the unallocated space. It will create the needed system partitions for you and won't have any trouble with permissions.
  • Alejore

Tinkerer

The problem is that I can't delete partitions in any way that I know of
  • Alejore

Tinkerer

anyone to any idea?
  • billsey
    edited April 2020
    Take the picture before that box pops up. There are commands under the list of partitions, including the Delete command when a partition is selected. You need to delete each of those partitions on the drive so that there is nothing but unallocated space, then allow the install to continue.
    I don't understand the language, but I believe it is telling you that you can't install Windows into that tiny EFI partition... :)
  • Alejore

Tinkerer

The problem is that no partitions can be deleted. I know the controls well. There seems to be protection on the partitions that won't let me delete them.
  • billsey
    There shouldn't be anything that would stop you from deleting partitions from the Windows install environment. You are completely bypassing the Windows permissions when you run in the PE environment... Could you translate the error message from your image for me? Since it's an image I can't just highlight, copy and paste into Google Translate. :(
  • Alejore

Tinkerer

Windows cannot be installed in this hard disk space. windows must be installed on a partition in NTFS format.
    Windows cannot be installed in this hard disk space. the partition is an EFI system partition.
  • billsey
    You need to select the C: partition there if you can't delete the others. When it asks where to install Windows you need to have the largest partition selected.
  • Alejore

Tinkerer

we are not understanding each other. I can not in any way to delete any of the partitions in order to perform a clean installation of windows 10. no dos commands work and even formatting with linux has not worked. linux tells me that there are protections on the memories.
  • Alejore

Tinkerer

I can't delete the partitions because they are protected!
    Virtual disk service error:Unable to delete a protected partition without the set security force parameter.
  • billsey
    Try "delete partition override" instead of just "delete partition".
  • Alejore

Tinkerer

no way! there is a protection of the acer and no command can eliminate them.
  • billsey
    I have never had an issue with them, and at the point you are at when booted into an install image there is no OS to get in the way.