how do i stop throttled/ limited by voltage/ reliability voltage? my model is Acer Predator PH315-51

JasVinderMan
JasVinderMan Member Posts: 23

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
spec is:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Intel® Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz.

it keeps going to 1800MHZ++ no matter what MSI afterburner profile(even default one) i choose. It will always get limited by voltage & reliability voltage.
i cannot find the graph for undervolt profile for the new MSI afterburner version where it starts at 700mV instead of 800mV.
please help me..

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JasVinderMan

Tinkerer

i did do that for throttlestop. did not help. its my GPU that is causing the throttling.
  • Does this occur even by activating the turbo in the predator sense? I will also call some colleagues: @GAMING6698and @xapim
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JasVinderMan

Tinkerer

if i enable turbo in predator sense, it will go to 1924MHZ
  • Is the notebook configured for high performance in power options?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JasVinderMan

Tinkerer

so that is the issue huh? yes it is set to high performance.

• JasVinderMan

Tinkerer

what configurations should i have? for power options, MSI afterburner etc

• JasVinderMan

Tinkerer

i set it to balanced mode, used the configured throttlestop & im still facing the same issue.

• Shinobi22
    Shinobi22 Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter
    edited April 2020
    so that is the issue huh? yes it is set to high performance.

i use this software on my old laptop
    1800MHZ++ is great
    what you want to do? you want to restore default configuration?
  • JasVinderMan

Tinkerer

edited April 2020
    i do not want my laptop to keep throttling or get limited by voltage at 1840MHZ+ every single time i play a game. i want to stop the voltage limitation & get stable frame rates of 144hz. 
  • JasVinderMan

Tinkerer

my profile for MSI afterburner max clock is 1822 and yet it still goes above that & i always get limited by voltage.i want to undervolt my GPU but the videos i see show the graph that starts with 800mV. my graph in MSI AB starts with 700mV.

^that is an  example. in GPU-Z, i see that i get limited by reliability voltage.
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,509 Pathfinder
    edited April 2020
    @JasVinderMan
    1)Uninstall Msi afterburner and rivatuner 
    2)disable fast startup 
    3)boot in bios and reset your bios settings then save and exit 
    4)install msi afterburner again then try 

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • JasVinderMan

Tinkerer

how do i reset my bios settings?

• GAMING6698
    @JasVinderMan

Turn on your laptop keep pressing F2 key you will boot in bios then Press the "F9" key to load the default BIOS settings, which will reset all of the BIOS settings back to the original "factory" configuration. Press the "F10" key to
    save the 
    BIOS settings and exit the BIOS interface. 

• JasVinderMan

Tinkerer

i also need an undervolt profile for MSI AB. i need one that starts with 700mV, not 800mV.
  • GAMING6698
    edited April 2020
    @JanvinderMan

I don't know about that but you want to undervolt you can follow this link 
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/577183/throttlestop-undervolt-profiles-pre-made/p1

• JasVinderMan

Tinkerer

that is for throttlestop though. they say just follow values from 800mV onwards but my values for 700mV+ is higher than the start value for 800mV so i do not know how to make the graph for MSI afterburner.
  • JasVinderMan

Tinkerer

im still throttling. 
    set power plan to balanced mode. resetted bios. reinstalled MSI afterburner. use throttlestop. disabled fast startup.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    edited April 2020
     @JasVinderMan You mean undervolt the gpu that's only for 1050ti/1060 check hotel hero youtube channel it's all there but it's the same as the cpu if undervolt isn't working u need to repaste it with kryonaut or similar if you can yourself without voiding your warranty or send it back to get it repasted check my signature and if you're suffering from power limits u cant5do anything about it all manufacturers limit the mobo to certain power delivery to not heat too much and fry it

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• JasVinderMan

Tinkerer

^hotel hero graph from his youtube channel. what he said:"MSI Afterburner has updated to start the curve editor at 700mV opposed to my videos 800mV. Simply start all my values at 800mV and leave everything from 700mV to 799mV at their default values."

^my graph from MSI afterburner.

mine starts with 700mV  while his starts with 800mV. my starting values are higher than the starting value at 800mV for his graph. so i do not know how to adjust accordingly. At 793mV, my value is 1493. in his profile, 1455 is 800mV.

for the repasting, do i tell them that i want them to repaste using e.g. kryonaut?