Upgrade of my Aspire V3-571G (V3-571G-736b8G75Maii)

Carlos82
Carlos82 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Hi everyone,

I would like to upgrade my laptop Aspire V3-571G and I got some questions about this upgrade: 
The only thing I have changed is the upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10. 

Regarding to the software: 
1.- I have cheched that the support of Acer for this product is only for Windows 8.1. From long time ago, Windows recommended me to change to Windows 10. I did it and now I´m having a lot of problems with the Audio and bluetooth drivers. How can I solve them? 

2.- I have read that I should upgrade my BIOS to UEFI. I have fear if I do this because I don´t know if I am going to lost my data or I´m going to have some compatibility problems, due to the lack of drivers commented in the point 1. 
Is this information true? 
https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/571789/bios-upgrade
what should I do?

Regarding to the Hardware, I wanted to upgrade the RAM from 8 (DDR3 SDRAM) to 16 GB RAM and the graphic card to a better one and I took in consideration the specifications of the product from 2012.

4.- I found the following information about the RAM in the following links from Acer Support: 
- Yes , I can upgrade the RAM to 16 GB (DDR3 SDRAM)
https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/581450/what-is-the-max-number-of-ram-i-can-install-in-my-aspire-v3-571-laptop
but I cannot find my Model V3-571G-736b8G75Maii in the crucial Website, so i cannot confirm it. can I do the RAM upgrade? is the information from Crucial reliable?  
I used the website from Userbenchmark.com too. There it´s said that I can use one Module of 8GB RAM, but it says nothing about 2 Modules. 

5.- Currently I have one GeForce® GT 640M. The website of user benchmark shows many of them, but I don´t know which is the maximum size I can use in this laptop and which are the main requirements of the laptop in order to buy a new one. Could you help me to know what should I consider? 

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Edited the content to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon Carlos82 !

1- Acer does not provide approved drivers
    That way you should search for drivers in other ways, such as the hardware ID, search the websites of the developers, use some software such as DriverBooster, etc.

2- Bios updates are always risky procedures.
    You only need to update in extreme need and know what you are doing.

3- The standard of this series supports a maximum of 8 GB of RAM
    The chipset can limit this ability

4- it is not possible to exchange or replace the GPU as it is integrated directly on the motherboard

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon Carlos82 !

1- Acer does not provide approved drivers
    That way you should search for drivers in other ways, such as the hardware ID, search the websites of the developers, use some software such as DriverBooster, etc.

2- Bios updates are always risky procedures.
    You only need to update in extreme need and know what you are doing.

3- The standard of this series supports a maximum of 8 GB of RAM
    The chipset can limit this ability

4- it is not possible to exchange or replace the GPU as it is integrated directly on the motherboard

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Carlos82
    Carlos82 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2020
    Hi again,

I would like to explain me better about the last 2 points: 

3.- I know this table from the specifications, as I try to explain before, when this laptop was produced, the Modules of 8 GB RAM didn´t exist, for that reason they couldn´t include them in this table. The information I mentioned is newer than the table. Could you please verify if the information shown in the acer community before is true? in that case, it´s possible to install 2X 8 RAM Modules. 

4.- false, this computer has two graphic cards. The integrated and the dedicated: 
    The integrated, as you explained very well, cannot be chage: that is the Intel HD 4000 (Mobile 1.25 GHz)
    The GeForce® GT 640M is the dedicated on, and can be changed. Can you now answer my question?

Thanks in advance

Acer-Samuel
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited April 2020
    Carlos82 said:
    Hi again,

I would like to explain me better about the last 2 points: 

3.- I know this table from the specifications, as I try to explain before, when this laptop was produced, the Modules of 8 GB RAM didn´t exist, for that reason they couldn´t include them in this table. The information I mentioned is newer than the table. Could you please verify if the information shown in the acer community before is true? in that case, it´s possible to install 2X 8 RAM Modules. 

4.- false, this computer has two graphic cards. The integrated and the dedicated: 
    The integrated, as you explained very well, cannot be chage: that is the Intel HD 4000 (Mobile 1.25 GHz)
    The GeForce® GT 640M is the dedicated on, and can be changed. Can you now answer my question?

Thanks in advance

Acer-Samuel

The specifications table for your RAM is from the Tech Service Guide which is only available to Ace team members and is CORRECT, your model takes a max of 8 gb of RAM. 4 x 4 for a total of 8gb, this is a limitation of your MOBO and has absolutely nothing to do with RAM size available at the time of manufacture, in fact Acer would use 4 DIMM slots if the MOBO supported more RAM, 4x4x4x4x4 for 16gb. Read this article, it will take 8gb sticks but will only be able to use 4gb https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/259726-8gb-ram-sticks-showing-as-only-4gb-available

On the subject of your GPU, both GPU’s are soldered to the MOBO and are NOT replaceable. The terms “Integrated” and “Dedicated” are the same thing, “Integrated or Dedicated” and “Discrete” are the correct terms but neither refer to whether they are replaceable, the terms refer to the functions they perform

These are not opinions they are the correct answers to your last 2 questions taken directly from the Tech Service Guide for your model and my colleague @Maclane is very experienced and gave you the correct answers as I have done.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• DaVinci19
    DaVinci19 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hello there please I also have an  Aspire V3-571G7363475 MAKKwith an i7 and I a bios version of 2.01 on it and windows 10 pro on it the problem I I have is actually install the drivers for the nividia graphics card any time I download a driver or use different driver packs they never find the nividia graphics card
    Only the Intel 4000 it's as if the system doesn't even have a nividia graphics driver anymore even in the bios the video memory it show is  128mb which I'm guessing is the Intel integrated graphics moreover in my pursuit to use my nividia card I Just got a win 8 preparing to. Install please what to do about it and is my video card a 640 or 710 or even a 730 m because I'm very also confused about this and I downloaded all but all I got was the annoying message that hard ware not supported from the nividia drivers and dey don't even recognize it PLEASE ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO WOULD BE APPRECIATED