BIOS upgrade

EmilM
EmilM Member Posts: 10 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire V3-571G, upgrade to Intel Core i7-3630QM (octa-core), 16 GB RAM,
running Windows 10 - 64 bit, 1809 version instaled.
Recently, Windows relese the 1903 version.
I try to instal it, but faild. Microsoft Assistance told me that the BIOS version is to old
and don't suport the 1903 version (I run the 2.2 BIOS version from 2013),
and I need an version from 2016 or newest. 
Do you can give me an link to download an BIOS version compatible with my system,
version that suport the Windows 10 64 bit - 1903 version ?
Thank you.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,911 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    EmilM said:
    EmilM said:
    Hello,
    I have an Acer Aspire V3-571G, upgrade to Intel Core i7-3630QM (octa-core), 16 GB RAM,
    I try to instal it, but faild. Microsoft Assistance told me that the BIOS version is to old
    and don't suport the 1903 version (I run the 2.21 BIOS version from 2013),
    Do you can give me an link to download an BIOS version compatible with my system,
    Thank you.

Firstly EmilM 'Microsoft Assistance' is telling you allot of nonsense, I have v1903 on my Win-10 Pro and all its updates and it works and has installed 100% perfectly! I have a V3-571G 73614G75Makk with BIOS v1.13 2012/10/22 (which can't have 2.xx BIOS only 1.xx BIOS) which is not as new as your v2.21 2014/01/27, the BIOS has nothing to do with Windows updates and version updates e.g. v1903! 

To update to the v1903 or any update from Microsoft and if 'Windows Update' does not install the version update e.g. v1903 then do the following:

1. Stop updating from 'Windows Update'

2. Go to Microsoft "Download Windows 10" and download the "Update Assistant" for "Windows 10 May 2019 Update" at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 

Thats it as v1903 works perfectly on many computers older and newer than your and changing BIOS has nothing to do with the operation of Windows 10 Home or Pro! 

Answers

• EmilM
    EmilM said:
    Hello,
    Thank you.

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    EmilM said:
    EmilM said:
    Hello,
    Thank you.

Firstly EmilM 'Microsoft Assistance' is telling you allot of nonsense, I have v1903 on my Win-10 Pro and all its updates and it works and has installed 100% perfectly! I have a V3-571G 73614G75Makk with BIOS v1.13 2012/10/22 (which can't have 2.xx BIOS only 1.xx BIOS) which is not as new as your v2.21 2014/01/27, the BIOS has nothing to do with Windows updates and version updates e.g. v1903! 

To update to the v1903 or any update from Microsoft and if 'Windows Update' does not install the version update e.g. v1903 then do the following:

1. Stop updating from 'Windows Update'

2. Go to Microsoft "Download Windows 10" and download the "Update Assistant" for "Windows 10 May 2019 Update" at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 

Thats it as v1903 works perfectly on many computers older and newer than your and changing BIOS has nothing to do with the operation of Windows 10 Home or Pro! 
  • EmilM
    Thank you for answer me.
    Now I just try to download the newest version. I will try to install it. 80 % now ...
    I hope it work !
    Thank you ...
  • EmilM
     :/  :#:'(
    Like last time ...
    It download, prepare, try to install, run untill 12 %, restart and undoing changes ...
    Fail again. Not work ...
    I'm sad ... Wish the 1903 version.
    I will try the extrem way.
    I will reinstal the w10 ...
    Talk afther
  • StevenGen
    EmilM said:
     :/  :#:'(
    Like last time ...
    It download, prepare, try to install, run untill 12 %, restart and undoing changes ...
    Fail again. Not work ...
    I'm sad ... Wish the 1903 version.
    I will try the extrem way.
    I will reinstal the w10 ...
    Talk afther

Did you go to Microsoft "Download Windows 10" and download the "Update Assistant" for "Windows 10 May 2019 Update" at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ? As that is a standalone link and it downloads independetly to windows update. If that does not work then, reboot your computer and see if your internet is not 'going off' and is 100%, then try again,as this v1903 installs perfectly. 
  • EmilM
    Hello,
    first excuse my english,it is not very well
    I have do all steps you said. but still don't work. The update assistant is download the latest version 100 %, reboot to finish the installation, work untill 11%, reboot and undoing changes ... I don't understand why ...
    My last solution is to reinstall windows with format the partition, and afther try to download the "Update Assistant" for "Windows 10 May 2019 Update".I think is the last solution. I'll try it in a few days
    Thank you for your help.
  • StevenGen
    edited October 2019
    EmilM said:
    Hello,
    first excuse my english,it is not very well
    I have do all steps you said. but still don't work. The update assistant is download the latest version 100 %, reboot to finish the installation, work untill 11%, reboot and undoing changes ... I don't understand why ...
    My last solution is to reinstall windows with format the partition, and afther try to download the "Update Assistant" for "Windows 10 May 2019 Update".I think is the last solution. I'll try it in a few days
    Thank you for your help.
    Yes EmilM, please try this last step, download the Windows Update Troubleshooter, press 'Open>Next', this will start the troubleshooter. This wizard will compile steps to find and fix problems with Windows Update, after its finished, reboot, then try to download the v1903 again. If this dosen't work (as there are more complicated steps which I wont go into) but, make sure that you do a 'Backup' of all your personal folders and files e.g. photos, music, documents etc and 'Reinstall Windows' with a clean install. Hope this helps, cheers! 
  • EmilM
    Thank you. I will try this last advice, but I still beleave it will fail. This is my feeling. I will write you the result.
    Have a nice day.
  • EmilM
    I try it.The troubleshooter couldn't identify problem. I will reinstall windows.
  • EmilM
    edited October 2019
    Please tell me something. If I made an backup, when I will restore it, afther installing v1903, the restore image will downgrade the windows at the preview version (v1809) or it will restore only the files and programs I had install. It's the first time I try reinstallation with backup. The backup is an W 7 file recovery, updated at w10, v1809.
    Thank you.
  • EmilM
    Hello,
    I am happy now. I had reinstall w 10 at an older versio (something 16xx I beleave) and directly install 1903 update, afther cleaning old version. It work !
    Now my computer run v1903. It run very good.
    Thank you for your assistance.
    Best regards !