I bought a crucial sata m.2 SSD for my Acer aspire 3 a315-51-31gk and the bios doesn't detect it.

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,706 Trailblazer
    Options
    Should be fine. I've got an adata 2.5" version on my machine for over a year. Seems fine so far.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I agree with JackE about changing the ssd. However, if I had ssd installed, I would also try to update the firmware, to make sure the problem is resolved or not.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JerRiv04
    JerRiv04 Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Options
    I've tried updating the firmware for the crucial m.2 sata SSD but it didn't go well. Couldn't manage to update it. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you report the error that occurred?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JerRiv04
    JerRiv04 Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Options
    Honestly I don't think I did it right. I downloaded the zip file. Downloaded Rufus to put the format a USB with the zip file. In the bios I took off secure boot so I can boot from the USB.  I tried this with Legacy enabled and UEFI. Nothing happened. I saw a video of these steps and I could of messed something up. I tried downloading crucial software to update the ssd but it doesn't read it so I can't update it. 

Long story short if the new SSD doesn't work, it is most likely a software/hardware issue that is above what I think I can do.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In this case, I think the best option is to exchange the ssd with the seller.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer