SP513-52N-55LV Erratic Stylus Connection - Acer Spin 5

Options

Answers

• WillQRogers
    WillQRogers Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Ok.

The stylus there costs CA$80 with apparently unknowable shipping time.

How do I know if cheaper options on Amazon or at Best Buy will work just as well?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What pens are you looking for?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • WillQRogers
    edited April 2020
    Options
    W4hat pens are you looking for?

I just want ANY stylus  that WORKS with my laptop. I just need it to WORK. I do NOT need anything fancy. I have no other demands with respect to color, size, style, etc. It just has to do what is supposed to do.

Scrolling through Amazon and Best Buy web pages, I have no idea how to tell if the product is compatible with my laptop or not.

Does anyone?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This website informs that bamboo ink pens are compatible, see: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/comp

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • WillQRogers
    Options
    This website informs that bamboo ink pens are compatible, see: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/comp

Ok, cool. I think I will buy one of those at a local shop and hopefully it will just work!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WillQRogers
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Post the result here!

I bought the "Wacom Bamboo Ink Stylus for Windows Ink - Grey". I haven't tested it out much yet, but so far so good! The connection has worked 100% of the time and palm rejection maybe 99% of the time. Pressure sensitivity is far worse than with the Acer Active Stylus, but luckily that is basically irrelevant for me and my work. If you're a visual artist, though, you might be disappointed. The pen tip does not have a rubber end, which I miss. I'm also a little worried about the pen tip not lasting long and having to buy US$20 of replacements... but we'll see. :)

Overall, my saga of "WTF is wrong with my stylus?" appears over and I'm very relieved.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It may be a stupid question. However, can the stylus tip of the acer stylus work on the wacom pen?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WillQRogers
    Options
    I don't think so - they look like they're different different shapes.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Is that function to calibrate the pen still missing in windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WillQRogers
    Options
    OK! Is that function to calibrate the pen still missing in windows?

No, it was always there, it was just hard to find and did not work with my prior stylus which would not connect to the computer.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! But does this function of calibrating the pen on windows work with the wacom pen?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WillQRogers
    Options
    OK! But does this function of calibrating the pen on windows work with the wacom pen?

Yes.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    then the problem was solved?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WillQRogers
    Options
    then the problem was solved?
    Yes.

Though I'd like to update my review of the Wacom Bamboo Stylus... unfortunately, the "2 buttons in 1" thing near the tip is way worse than the Acer Active Stylus's separate buttons.

Overall, though, yes, I basically consider my stylus problems solved. :-)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is the sensitivity even worse, even if you adjust the pen tip?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WillQRogers
    Options
    I don't think there is a way to adjust the tip.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    there must be some wacom program to adjust the pen, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• marcevm
    marcevm Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    I don't think there is a way to adjust the tip.

I have the same problem, the pen stops working. If I take him out and put the battery in, he almost always comes back. The other day I noticed that shaking it also returns to work.
    Sometimes I can use it all day, and sometimes every 5 minutes it stops. The battery is new, that did not change the situation.
    Can you recommend the wacom bamboo ink? I have a switch 3.
    thanks.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @marcevm What is the exact model of the laptop?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer