Wifi Connection issues.

Options
2»

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    No problem, could you please tell me whether you upgraded the WiFi card or it came with the laptop.
    Yep, When the laptop first arrived (A week ago today) It seemed to be ok for like a day or two, then it started to drop so after some research I see about updating the drivers - so I did this without actually noting if the driver had changed model you know?
    I've just gone to device manager and I can't roll back the driver - so It's currently on the one that comes with the laptop. (I presume) 

OK, go to Intel driver download site, download and install the driver version 21.80.2.1 and install and see whether it helps.
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29455/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=189347
    Hey man - Just wanted to update you, After installing this driver.. Thursday? I think it was.
    The wifi dropped out about 20 mins after it was connected - I assumed it may have just been re-adjusting to the new driver or something and left it.
    My laptop has not dropped the wifi since!
    I left it running for for a good part of Friday, and almost all of today on an online game just AFK - I would have been able to tell if it had dropped as i would have disconnected.
    However, this wasn't the case! So touch wood the new intel update driver has resolved the issue!

Just wanted to thank you for all your help.
    Top stuff!
    LEGEND.

You are most welcome  :) and glad you got it fixed.
  • acp6
    acp6 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    Hey, I noticed too that the latest intel wi-fi drivers are much more stable than the previous ones, the disconnect does happen once or twice when I just power on the laptop, but afterwards its stable.