Nitro AN515-54 acer nitro 5 camera is not working.

Options
2»

Answers

• kimbe
    kimbe Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    nvdp said:
    Nitro AN515-53, Same issue. I installed a NVMe and reinstalled Window 10 to that drive. I have done all basic troubleshooting steps as well. It's not showing in device manager. I can't find drivers on Acer support site for the camera as well.
    Hello, did you able to solve this problem? I am also experience same problem, please help my webcam is also not working. It is showing error in Universal Serial Bus Controllers as "Unknown USB Device (Device Description Request Failed)."

Exact same issue. I believe that a Windows 10 update broke support for the camera and they haven't figured out a way to fix it.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi kimbe,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• SlingShot_BR
    SlingShot_BR Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

kimbe said:
    nvdp said:
    Nitro AN515-53, Same issue. I installed a NVMe and reinstalled Window 10 to that drive. I have done all basic troubleshooting steps as well. It's not showing in device manager. I can't find drivers on Acer support site for the camera as well.
    Hello, did you able to solve this problem? I am also experience same problem, please help my webcam is also not working. It is showing error in Universal Serial Bus Controllers as "Unknown USB Device (Device Description Request Failed)."

Exact same issue. I believe that a Windows 10 update broke support for the camera and they haven't figured out a way to fix it.

I read lots of posts and as Acer don´t say nothing, I just download the latest camera update for Lenovo notebooks and it worked fine!
  • etech17091987
    etech17091987 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    try to force install these drivers
  • Rickodain
    Rickodain Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    try to force install these drivers
    how do I install them? device manage is not working
  • kirard11
    kirard11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

kimbe said:
    nvdp said:

I read lots of posts and as Acer don´t say nothing, I just download the latest camera update for Lenovo notebooks and it worked fine!
    I will try it, I also read about press the camera module with your thumb and index finger. I saw people saying they tried everything, and it was just bad assembly.
  • DaleDo
    DaleDo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

How did you guys solve the problem? I have currently have the same problem and I need it for my classes my Laptop product is Nitro AN515-45.

• esnelling
    esnelling Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

This is pretty ridiculous Acer! I am having the same issue and have been seeking customer support since 7 months after owning the computer and now that it's been 12 months they will only transfer me to paid warranty support. Terrible customer service to have a latent defect then suggest the customer needs to pay for a fix.

Model here is AN515-55 and the webcam stopped being detected back in Aug/Sep 2022 timeframe. It's not a hardware issue because the webcam works fine when I boot to Linux. I have tried all the steps here and everything else I can think to do.

Has anyone found the root cause of this widespread issue? Also, why can't Acer make it clear which of the drivers on their page supports the webcam? Seriously guys, that a pretty black/white question.

Thanks!

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Does the camera appear as a hidden device in device manager?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)