AN517-51-56YW Certain keys not working

Options
Jklan123
Jklan123 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
1,3,j, space bar, etc not working after restarting pc.
I5 8gb 1650 17" acer nitro 5 
I did everything even factory reset.. uninstalled drivers.. everything. Laptop is only 3 months old max.
Next some serious helo here..

Answers

• Jklan123
    Options
    Plugged in external keyboard and that did not work..
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,323 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Jklan123
    1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
    (Go to
     "Device Manager" then Expand the Keyboards section, right-click on the keyboard and choose "Uninstall.)
    2. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

Click yes if your problem solved 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Jklan123
    Options
    I've done this.
    I held power button for 30 seconds with laptop unplugged and waited 10 mins and plugged in turned on didnt work also
  • GAMING6698
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @Jklan123 model number?

• Jklan123
    Options
    AN517-51-56YW
    I5 9the gen
    8 gb ram
    17 inch
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @Jklan123 Your bios version?

• Jklan123
    Options
    @Jklan123 Your bios version?
    How too check?
  • GAMING6698
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @Jklan123 Check in acer care centre 

• Jklan123
    Options
    Will check when I get home.
    Did some research and this seems to be a reoccurring problem with this model.. I hope there is something that you guys can do because I dont see why I'd have to pay to get this fixed.. I've owned it for 3 months and boom. You guys will beable to see there is no residue of anything being spilled etc please make this right. This was a 900 dollar laptop and that's alot for me
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you turn off your notebook, do the keys work when you turn them back on?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jklan123
    Options
    When you turn off your notebook, do the keys work when you turn them back on?
    No the keys dont want to work I tried alot of things. Should i just send it in to be looked at? It's only 3 months old..
  • Jklan123
    Options
    @Jklan123 Check in acer care centre 
    Bios version - v1.05 5/31/2019
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I would first try to reset the battery by pressing the power button for 12 seconds.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jklan123
    Options
    The keys switched. Now some of the them work, and different ones dont.. definitely a software problem or something..
  • Jklan123
    Options
    I would first try to reset the battery by pressing the power button for 12 seconds.
    If tried this multiple times yesterday and it did nothing 
  • Jklan123
    Options
    Turning it off hit the power button for 12 seconds or turning it on?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Turn off the computer, disconnect the power adapter and press the power for 12 seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jklan123
    Options
    Turn off the computer, disconnect the power adapter and press the power for 12 seconds.
    Did not work
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you try to reinstall windows by pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jklan123
    Options
    I suggest you try to reinstall windows by pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo.
    I fully reset my pc yesterday trying to fix this problem and that did not fix it. Reset does reinstall windows correct?