MatejV
MatejV Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

edited October 2022 in Aspire Laptops
    Manufacturer: Acer
    Product Name: Aspire A515-54
    Bios Version: V1.12
    Wake-up Type: Power Switch

Hello I have new Acer laptop with 10th gen intel processor. I changed the SATA to ACHI (from RAID with Optane) and installed Linux.

I have a problem that seems to be related to the changed SATA setting (it's the same in both Linux and Windows). It doesn't wake up from sleep (second time after boot). So if I turn on the notebook, it gets to sleep and wakes up as expected, but if put it to sleep second time, it doesn't wake up and I need to hold power button to turn it off. Is this problem fixable?

Answers

• Are there any errors on the system tab of the event viewer? You can check this, using as a basis, the time when the error occurs.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MatejV

Tinkerer

Unfortunately there is blank space at this time. 
  • MatejV

Tinkerer

according to blue light and ventilator sound it "wakes up" but screen stays blank. I think it cannot see the SSD for some reason
  • Can you send some pictures of the bios settings?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MatejV

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Edit: link fixed

• Does the same problem occur when you disable fast startup in power options and fast boot in bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MatejV

Tinkerer

fast startup is disabled and I tried to disable fast boot - didn't help
  • What is the version of the operating system? have you tried to update your video card drivers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MatejV

Tinkerer

No but it seems to be OS independent, because I have Win10 and Ubunut 19 and the problem is the same in both.
  • OK! But it would be interesting if you tried to update the video drivers on windows and also on linux, to see if the problem remains. Can you also inform if an error appears in the system tab of the windows event viewer? Have you checked if a bios update solves the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MatejV

Tinkerer

System tab in event viewer is without error.

I broke my windows in meantime. (after disabling SSD in bios, and reenabling it) so I'll need to figure out how to fix that at first. I guess I'll need repair USB because I already tried everything I found online and nothing works.

someone had the same problem and fixed it with buying another SSD drive. And another person says it was fixed by bios update.

I didn't try bios update, because the release note says it fixes some issued with nvidia driver. I don't have a graphic card ... but I'll try that once my windows is bootable.

• Maybe windows will boot if you change sata mode to rst with optane again?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Can you provide the exact model? Example a515-54-58vh.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MatejV

Tinkerer

(I tried changing to RAID again, but that's not the problem, it already worked with AHCI before)
    Aspire 5
    A515-54-728W.

• Are you booting windows from ubuntu grub or changing the boot order?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MatejV

Tinkerer

I did both
  • MatejV

Tinkerer

It ends with "automatic repair couldn't repair your pc" and I tried all the fixes recommended online for that, nothing works
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MatejV

Tinkerer

I don't have STATUS folder inside of SETUP
  • What happens when you press alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer