Triton 500 battery drain when shut down

Options
2»

Answers

• CharlieBrown
    CharlieBrown Member Posts: 21

Tinkerer

Options
    Do you really have no device or hub connected to any usb port?
    No. Nothing plugged in anywhere.
  • CharlieBrown

Tinkerer

Options
    Do you really have no device or hub connected to any usb port?
    No. Nothing is connected to this laptop.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    There are many bios settings that allow some devices to wake up the computer. Have you tried disabling these functions?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CharlieBrown

Tinkerer

Options
    There are many bios settings that allow some devices to wake up the computer. Have you tried disabling these functions?
    Yes to the best I understand the settings.

I updated the Intel Management Engine Interface driver in device manager to latest (1904.12.0.1208), and in the last 24 hours powered off, it dropped about 1.3% which isn't too bad. But, it might just be coincidence with the driver update, maybe the drain fluctuates for whatever reason but I won't be too upset if that's my drain rate even if I don't understand it. I only tried updating it because of things I read on the web about a buggy version of this driver. Maybe it's just the stupid ME processor that's sucking juice. Does anyone know how to find out how much power the ME uses in the shutdown state?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The only possibility I have in mind right now would be that this button number 11 is not being pressed correctly:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CharlieBrown

Tinkerer

Options
    Where did you get that diagram from? Mobo manual? That would be interesting to read. I don't know what button 11 is but this is a soft shutdown so how can a button get pressed?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Just make sure all bolts are properly tightened but not applying excessive torque.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CharlieBrown

Tinkerer

Options
    Just make sure all bolts are properly tightened but not applying excessive torque.
    I don't think you're responding to the right thread.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I'm actually answering the correct topic! I refer to the interlock button, referring to number 11 in the photo I sent you. Is it possible that this button is not being properly pressed and that the battery is being discharged?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CharlieBrown

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm actually answering the correct topic! I refer to the interlock button, referring to number 11 in the photo I sent you. Is it possible that this button is not being properly pressed and that the battery is being discharged?
    Are you referring to the pinhole reset button on the bottom? Otherwise I don't know what button you're talking about or the purpose of it. Why would I want it pressed?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited January 2020
    Options
    There are two buttons on some models, but it depends a lot on the review of the motherboard.
    a) there is a battery reset button, which simulates removing the battery when it is pressed;
    b) in some motherboard reviews, there is the interlock button, which interrupts the power to the motherboard, when it is not being pressed correctly.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CharlieBrown

Tinkerer

Options
    You're saying the interlock button is pressed on assembly by the chassis, so if it's not screwed down all the way it isn't pressed to power the Mobo?  I would think I would see the laptop spontaneously reset itself while using it or moving it around then.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes. Even so, it is possible that this button is not perfectly pressed. That is why it would be interesting to check that all screws are correctly fixed. It's just a hypothesis.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer