my acer having fps drops helios 300

Options
jass33264
jass33264 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
my acer predator helios 300 2019 varient with gtx 1660ti is having fps drops after in all games like ac odyssey to ac black flag from bf5 to bf3 i called acer service they sent an enginier he took the laptop and after he gave it temp was constant 92 while gaming and goin upto 80 while even browing i took it to the service centre in a different city they solved the heating issue but couldnt solve the fps drops now after 15 days even while browsing temp is goin up to 70 and same during the games is my cpu faullty or what it all started with fps drops 

Answers

• jass33264
    Options
    please guys help me with it i have tried everything cant solve this stuttering problem
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Try this and check if your temperature and FPS problems are solved or not: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/577183/throttlestop-undervolt-profiles-pre-made/p1
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    Options
    jass33264 as @XdxD stated above if youre temps are over 80/85 cpu 80 gpu youre probably thermal throttling you need to optimize windows and undervolt it further with TS as your model already comes pre-undervolted and if still needed after repaste it with kryonaut yourself if you are able to without voiding the warranty or by sending it back for a repaste with stock thermal paste personally if it was me and i didnt had any seals/stickers i would repaste it asap if not you should just send it back because if temps are the issue here you shoudnt have high temps at all 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• jass33264
    Options
    XdxD said:
    Try this and check if your temperature and FPS problems are solved or not: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/577183/throttlestop-undervolt-profiles-pre-made/p1 

when i bought this laptop it used to play games like bf5 and ac odyssey at 85c temp now it plays them at 75 i sent to acer so they repasted and cleaned it so m sure they solved the temp issue but fps problem is still not goin away sometimes in intel xtu it shows my max core frequency in negative but it goes to normal with a restart the problem with fps issues they drop badly when i turn around with texture s and small objects popping in which causes drops dont know how to solve that have tried everything i just wanna know whats the problem then i can get a solution but i cant even find the issue 
    xapim said:
    jass33264 as @XdxD stated above if youre temps are over 80/85 cpu 80 gpu youre probably thermal throttling you need to optimize windows and undervolt it further with TS as your model already comes pre-undervolted and if still needed after repaste it with kryonaut yourself if you are able to without voiding the warranty or by sending it back for a repaste with stock thermal paste personally if it was me and i didnt had any seals/stickers i would repaste it asap if not you should just send it back because if temps are the issue here you shoudnt have high temps at all 

i am pretty sure temp problem is solved this fps issue is not goin away no matter what i do clean window install upgraded and downgraded bios updated drived downgraded drivers thought was an HDD issue even tried the game in SSD still no difference the problem is when i start ac odyssey and click on continue from the menu first 3 months games loading bar and icons would appear imideiatly now game loads but the loading bar and small icons dont load ever since that happend all the games are having fps drops it is having a texture loading or popping issue even cpu or gpu usage is not 

• jass33264
    edited January 2020
    Options
    UserBenchmarks: Game 69%, Desk 94%, Work 71%
    CPU: Intel Core i7-9750H - 86%
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 67.4%
    SSD: Nvme WDC PC SN720 SDA 256GB - 154.8%
    HDD: Seagate ST1000LM049-2GH172 1TB - 66.8%
    RAM: Kingston ACR26D4S9D8ME-16 1x16GB - 37.9%
    MBD: Acer Predator PH315-52

• XdxD
    Options
    What's your current driver version?
  • jass33264
    Options
    1. Sir my driver version is 441.87 and its type is DCH 
      i upgraded and downgraded graphics drivers 
      even did the same with bios to no avail changed power settings did clean boot
  • jass33264
    Options
    1.   And fps drops continue even in turbo mode 
  • jass33264
    Options
    1. In intel extreme utility it does power limit throttling while playing and when on unplugged
  • jass33264
    Options
    so please help me even if u can just find me the problem it would be a great help sir
  • XdxD
    Options
    Ask Acer Support to send the service engineer again to your home and tell the person to apply Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste instead of the stock paste on both CPU and GPU. 
  • jass33264
    Options
    XdxD said:
    Ask Acer Support to send the service engineer again to your home and tell the person to apply Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste instead of the stock paste on both CPU and GPU. 
    • in india these service center employees never work i went to the seller he said call service centre the enginerier who came gave thermal throttling issues i took it the other city where service centre is they solved the heating issue they created but couldnt solve fps issue now i have been calling them they either dont pick call or say we will send a guy and they dont now the issue is not much visible in ac odyssey but games like world war z and arkham knight are hell to play like its having texture popping or rendering issue as zzombie horde come fps drop to 30 and when driving batmobile in arkham knight its way too much stuttering as i walk forward things pop in and fps drop not being able to find a solution
  • XdxD
    Options
    jass33264 said:
    XdxD said:
    • in india these service center employees never work i went to the seller he said call service centre the enginerier who came gave thermal throttling issues i took it the other city where service centre is they solved the heating issue they created but couldnt solve fps issue now i have been calling them they either dont pick call or say we will send a guy and they dont now the issue is not much visible in ac odyssey but games like world war z and arkham knight are hell to play like its having texture popping or rendering issue as zzombie horde come fps drop to 30 and when driving batmobile in arkham knight its way too much stuttering as i walk forward things pop in and fps drop not being able to find a solution
    Uninstall the current NVidia driver using DDU and reinstall the one from Acer Support page and check if you have these issues.
  • jass33264
    Options
    i did all these things with ddu and what not didnt solve the issue 
  • jass33264
    Options
    XdxD said:

when i bought this laptop it used to play games like bf5 and ac odyssey at 85c temp now it plays them at 75 i sent to acer so they repasted and cleaned it so m sure they solved the temp issue but fps problem is still not goin away sometimes in intel xtu it shows my max core frequency in negative but it goes to normal with a restart the problem with fps issues they drop badly when i turn around with texture s and small objects popping in which causes drops dont know how to solve that have tried everything i just wanna know whats the problem then i can get a solution but i cant even find the issue 
    xapim said:

i am pretty sure temp problem is solved this fps issue is not goin away no matter what i do clean window install upgraded and downgraded bios updated drived downgraded drivers thought was an HDD issue even tried the game in SSD still no difference the problem is when i start ac odyssey and click on continue from the menu first 3 months games loading bar and icons would appear imideiatly now game loads but the loading bar and small icons dont load ever since that happend all the games are having fps drops it is having a texture loading or popping issue even cpu or gpu usage is not high during games neither is temp i just wanna know if i have a faulty cpu or gpu but even if i had that why it would start happening after 3 months

• jass33264
    Options
    XdxD said:

xapim said:

i am pretty sure temp problem is solved this fps issue is not goin away no matter what i do clean window install upgraded and downgraded bios updated drived downgraded drivers thought was an HDD issue even tried the game in SSD still no difference the problem is when i start ac odyssey and click on continue from the menu first 3 months games loading bar and icons would appear imideiatly now game loads but the loading bar and small icons dont load ever since that happend all the games are having fps drops it is having a texture loading or popping issue even cpu or gpu usage is not high during games neither is temp i just wanna know if i have a faulty cpu or gpu but even if i had that why it would start happening after 3 months

• jass33264
    Options

1. this is the problem my temps are not high my usage aint full and look at the left side under STORE the symbol of helix credits is not showing neither is the loading bar which is at the bottom even though game loads ever since this happend there are fps drops in game like texture popping in as i walk close its hell to play games like wwz and arkham knight when the horde comes or u drive batmobile same goes in far cry 5 have done everything acer service centre say its a software issue but even after clean installs and stuff it isnt solving so i dont know what to do any more so please help me guys i just wanna know whats the problem is my laptop faulty it started after 3 mmonths usage and it not even 5 months old laptop and if it suddenly started when i forced closed a game now its not goin away no matter what i do 
    2. so please help me find this issue so i can get it resolved guys 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    Options
    You shouldn't be using that many osd on afterburner disable osd and monitoring have u optimized your windows if not do so and undervolt it and don't overclock the gpu if you're doing it you haven't mentioned your model and specs either last option perform a stock recovery clean install and reset bios to defaults 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• jass33264
    Options
    Even without afterburner it stutters the model is helios 2019 varient its already undervolted window is optimized though have done a clean install and downgraded bios but didnt solve the issue
  • jass33264
    Options
    And how to check if my gpu is overclocked sinceit stutters wheather itson turbo mode or not though i have done clean window install its bios are locked i think acer did downgraded them after every clean install alot of original softwares like wavemaxx and killer automatically come back so i dont know about that so is there anything else i am supposed to do i once forced closedac odyssey from task manager and ever since then stuttering is happening in all games