how to fix touchpad not working and missing in device manager and bios aspire 3 A315-42

Options
2»

Answers

• Tehan619
    Tehan619 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    have bought the new Acer Aspire 3 A315-58-349F and have the same issue. I installed Windows 10 Home 64Bit. After installing touch pad is not working  i must plug-in a extern mouse. FN-Keys and Touchpad not working. In Windows -> Settings -> Devices there is no "Touchpad" entry. "Mouse" entry have no touchpad-functions. In Bios there is no "touchpad" setting. I installed Acer Touchpad drivers, thats not help.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Tehan619I suggest you ask a new question.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nilesharya
    nilesharya Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    have bought the new Acer Aspire 3 A315-58-393E and have the same issue. I installed Windows 10 Home 64Bit. After installing touch pad is not working  i must plug-in a extern mouse. FN-Keys and Touchpad not working. In Windows -> Settings -> Devices there is no "Touchpad" entry. "Mouse" entry have no touchpad-functions. In Bios there is no "touchpad" setting. I installed Acer Touchpad drivers, that didn't  help. Serial IO driver on Acer for the model doesn't have a setup.exe file. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Specs on Acer India shows that model coming with Windows 10 Home 64bit already installed. Why did you have to reinstall it? My guess is the reinstall didn't put all the drivers in place, since the install image for Windows often doesn't have all the hardware drivers included for laptops, especially new ones. Have you installed the Intel chipset drivers and the IO drivers? Does Device Manager show any issues?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @nilesharyaCheck that windows update provides the correct drivers:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Wigglegigglegirl
    Wigglegigglegirl Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I contacted windows about something else and in trying to fix that it removed my touchpad. After windows giving up and saying I’d need to contact local support I really thought I was in for an expensive fix, although I knew it was the system not a physical problem. I have found this, tried it and it has worked… phew! (On acer e5-511)

• Windypauls
    Windypauls Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options

Try going to Bios > Main. Press ctrl+s to show hidden options, change 'function key behaviour' from Media key to 'Function key'and save changes. Boot and press Fn + F6 or F7

This worked for me, function key was totally unresponsive, was not able to disable or enable mouse pad. Then I changed the bios to function , now works a treat.