how to fix touchpad not working and missing in device manager and bios aspire 3 A315-42

Izuku
Izuku Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2019 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
I recently bought Acer aspire 3 A315-42 after a while my setting is freezing every time I open it, then I reinstall windows 10 and my touchpad is not working I can't even see the touchpad setting in Bios and the F+key is not working, I check the device manager and there's no mice and other pointers, but if I connect a mouse it appears does anyone know how to fix this?

Answers

• Hi,
    Could you please tell us the version Windows you have in your laptop, updating to latest Windows might resolve the problem.
  • DerPauli
    DerPauli Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have bought the new Acer Aspire 3 A317-51G and have the same issue. This notebook have no OS installed, only LinuxShell, so I installed Windows 10 Home 64Bit. In install progress there was no mouse, I must plug-in a extern mouse. Windows 10 is newest version 1909 with all updates. FN-Keys and Touchpad not working. In Windows -> Settings -> Devices there is no "Touchpad" entry. "Mouse" entry have no touchpad-functions. In Bios there is no "touchpad" setting. I installed Acer Touchpad drivers, thats not help. I installed AcerCare, which says all fine, no updates needed. Where is the problem?

Because FN-Keys, in Bios you must set FN-Keys from "media keys" to "functions key", now FN keys working in Windows 10. I don't understand why here is a wrong setting in bios for FN-Keys. What is "media-keys" at all?
  • DerPauli said:
    I have bought the new Acer Aspire 3 A317-51G and have the same issue. This notebook have no OS installed, only LinuxShell, so I installed Windows 10 Home 64Bit. In install progress there was no mouse, I must plug-in a extern mouse. Windows 10 is newest version 1909 with all updates. FN-Keys and Touchpad not working. In Windows -> Settings -> Devices there is no "Touchpad" entry. "Mouse" entry have no touchpad-functions. In Bios there is no "touchpad" setting. I installed Acer Touchpad drivers, thats not help. I installed AcerCare, which says all fine, no updates needed. Where is the problem?

Because FN-Keys, in Bios you must set FN-Keys from "media keys" to "functions key", now FN keys working in Windows 10. I don't understand why here is a wrong setting in bios for FN-Keys. What is "media-keys" at all?
    Hi,
    You could try reinstalling Serial IO driver, go to Acer support site, download Serial IO driver version 30.100.1915.1 and install.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/8032?b=1
  • DerPauli
    DerPauli Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

You are my hero! Thats working. Thank you so much.
  • DoTerraJanice
    DoTerraJanice Member Posts: 1 New User
    A similar problem with nonfunctioning touchpad occurred with my Acer SP314 running Windows 10 Home version 1909 just updated on March 17, 2020. I purchased the computer in November 2019, with all working well. This changed in early January 2020. Does the fix you suggested to brummyfan2 apply to my machine?
  • @DoTerraJanice Yes my friend.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mccurly
    mccurly Member Posts: 1 New User
    DerPauli said:

Hi,
    You could try reinstalling Serial IO driver, go to Acer support site, download Serial IO driver version 30.100.1915.1 and install.
    Hi,

This tip of yours helped me as well!

Cheers!
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    mccurly said:
    DerPauli said:

Hi,
    Hi,

This tip of yours helped me as well!

Cheers!
    You are welcome :) thanks for posting the outcome.
  • leewt
    leewt Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

DerPauli said:

Hi,
    Hi,
    i did exactly that. installed IO. On restart it goes to the login/pin screen and the touch pad works. However, as soon as i am logged in the mouse pointer disappears and the pad has stopped working. I also installed the touch pad after that. same thing.
    For some reason the touch pad gets removed as soon as i am logged on.
    Thoughts or ideas?
  • leewt

Tinkerer

leewt said:
    DerPauli said:

Hi,
    Hi,
    i did exactly that. installed IO. On restart it goes to the login/pin screen and the touch pad works. However, as soon as i am logged in the mouse pointer disappears and the pad has stopped working. I also installed the touch pad after that. same thing.
    For some reason the touch pad gets removed as soon as i am logged on.
    Thoughts or ideas?
    Oh yes, when i then check the bios the touchpad is not in there..
  • @leewtIs your model the a315-42?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • leewt

Tinkerer

@leewtIs your model the a315-42?
    spin 5 sp513-52n

• @leewt OK. ideally, you should create a new topic and add me by placing an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• leewt

Tinkerer

@leewt OK. ideally, you should create a new topic and add me by placing an @.
    i just created a new one. Hope that is OK?
  • leewt

Tinkerer

new topic/question: 

Touchpad not working nor appearing in BIOS (Spin 5 (sp513-52N)

• FranTooth
    FranTooth Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, i have the same problem, my

Nitro AN515-43

laptop Mic and Touchpad is no longer working, AMD variant with Ryzen 5 and Radeon RX 560X please help
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rt0010
    rt0010 Member Posts: 1 New User
    DerPauli said:

Hi,
    I downloaded the file but I don't know what to do next, a bunch of files about this appeared. please help me I am not that good at tech
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    rt0010 said:
    DerPauli said:

Hi,
    I downloaded the file but I don't know what to do next, a bunch of files about this appeared. please help me I am not that good at tech
    Please start a new thread posting the model of your laptop.