Switch Alpha 12 Swollen Battery

Options
2»

Comments

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    owencarl said:
    Unfortunately I just had the exact same issue today. I'm in the US, and the warranty has expired. Can anybody from Acer help?
    I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing this,  have sent you a private message requesting more detail information to better assist you.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • marilena
    marilena Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi Drew14150,

I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with a swollen battery, please check and reply to the private message i have sent you to better assist you. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
    Hello,
    What usually leads to this? How can it be avoided? 
    Thank you
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    There is not much that you can do to avoid it, the bulging happens when the lithium in the cells form 'whiskers' that poke through the layers. That allows the electrolyte to move around too much. If the whiskers get bad enough they can actually short cells together, causing heat problems. Most modern batteries have smarts embedded in them to keep it from happening, but the older the battery design is the more likely it will happen as the battery ages.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jephtezeus
    jephtezeus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Searching for a fix led me to this forum. 

Any declared fix for this? 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options
    Searching for a fix led me to this forum. 

Any declared fix for this? 
    I have sent you a private message asking for more information to better assist you.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • alan113696
    alan113696 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Bottom and left side of my Switch Alpha 12 screen just separated from the body too. I'm in the US. Can this be fixed?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, all it takes is a battery replacement to remove the bulging one and put a nice flat one in it's place.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options
    Bottom and left side of my Switch Alpha 12 screen just separated from the body too. I'm in the US. Can this be fixed?
    I have replied to your PM alan113696.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options
    Note: This thread will be closed. Create a new thread if you need assistance or contact your local Acer support channels for better assistance.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.