Aspire V3-572PG strange ghosting issue with touchscreen and touchpad not working

hello_jupiter
hello_jupiter Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi there,

Okay so I have a rather strange issue that has come up with the laptop. I first noticed circular "ghosting" occurring on the left of the machine where it would repetitively ghost these circular images on the screen. This would make the laptop unusable.

I could not even log in to the machine until the issue miraculously resolved for a moment so I could get logged in. The issue came back when I was in windows 10 and I had no control over the old girl. I then plugged in a wireless mouse which gave me control of the cursor back and I quickly disabled the touchscreen in device manager.

The laptop is working fine with the wireless mouse and the keyboard is working now. What is not working is the touchpad/trackpad.

The latest changes I have made to the machine were:

- installing logitech wireless mouse software
-  installing Windows 8.1 Intel Management Engine Interface driver (if you'd like to know why please see thread https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/541789/aspire-v3-572pg-wont-wake-from-sleep-in-windows-10

It is convenient to use the touchpad together with the mouse so I would like it to work. I've tried unplugging the wireless dongle for the mouse and restarting but the touchpad still will not work.

What do you think is causing this? Should I uninstall the new wireless mouse software? Is this a hardware malfunction?

Specs:

Intel Core i5-4210U has codename Haswell ULT. It also has Intel Haswell-MB ULT GT2 - Integrated Graphics Controller and Geforce 840m

Aspire V3-572PG

Model Name: V3-572PG

Part Number: NX.MNKSA.003

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi 
    Please the below mentioned troubleshooting steps:  
    First do a power reset, Press hold the power button for 10 seconds, disconnect the charger. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds to reset the computer. it simulates removing and reinstalling the battery. Connect the charger and power On the device to check the issue.

You can use the troubleshooting feature of Windows 10 to solve the ghost touch screen issues.  
    Open the press Win + X key to open the Control Panel > Select Troubleshooting > Click Hardware and Sound > Select Hardware and Devices to open a new dialog > Click Next and Windows 10 will detect and repair the problem automatically. 

Also, try to calibrate the touchscreen. Use shortcut keys Win + X to open the Control Panel > Select the Tablet PC Settings > Choose Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input > Click the button Calibrate > Then click Reset. 

Post back the results and we will assist you further.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• hello_jupiter

Tinkerer

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem.
  • hello_jupiter

Tinkerer

I am thinking I need to uninstall the Logitech software. Although this might make it completely unusable. It seems like I should use it as is without touchpad or touchscreen or retire the device.
  • hello_jupiter

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    I opened up the laptop and reconnected a loose cable. The touchscreen is working fine now.

The touchpad not working was embarrassingly just because of function + f7 being activated. Touchpad working. 

Please mark as solved.