Acer swift 5 SF514 won't detect m.2 drive

Options
2»

Answers

• TheXylis
    TheXylis Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Could you test ssd intel on another notebook to see if the problem remains? According to the service manual, this model also a ssd m2 2280 sata 3, see

What version of bios is installed on your notebook?

Yes it does

Bios v1.15
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I would like you to send some screenshots of the bios functions after connecting ssd m2 sata.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TheXylis

Tinkerer

Options
    It's most definitely an NVME drive

That's unfortunate 
    https://imgur.com/91FK6la
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    About ssd intel, it is strange to have trouble since there is little amount of writing and reading. Is your notebook still under warranty?
    About m2 sata, other users were able to successfully install, see: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Swift-SF314-51/41407

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TheXylis

Tinkerer

Options
    Yea the laptop wasn't even being used much it was for work but a lot of days went unused, came in one day and it just randomly kept blue-screening when turning it on

I think it is out of warranty I've had it for 2.5 years
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you test with another ssd nvme?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TheXylis

Tinkerer

Options
    I currently don't have another nvme drive

Got in contact with acer support they said It'll cost $220 for repair so that's a definite no.

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new nvme drive.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried resetting the bios parameters by pressing f9 and then f10?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rescued
    Rescued Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Have you checked converting it to got partition style