Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 GPU Problem

Options
2»

Answers

• Valli_Cena
    Valli_Cena Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    kadeka said:
    So I have this Nitro 5 for about a year and I've never had any issues playing games like lags, etc. But then, I got into college and I stopped playing games for a few months. Until recently, I got some spare time and decided to play games, like CS:GO, MHW, Destiny 2, etc. And this where the problem begins. The first thing I noticed is that when I'm playing CS:GO the FPS never reached 200 and got FPS dropped pretty often, where usually it hit this number or even more without any lag, but I thought it was just the new CS:GO update or something. And then I played MHW and Destiny 2 and the FPS is just unbearable, it stays on 15 or more but never reached 30. I usually got a stable 60 FPS on MHW and this is just weird. So I checked the graphic option on MHW and Destiny 2 and there it is. The amount of VRAM available is only 120mb. What? My GTX 1050 has 4GB of VRAM and it only shows 120MB? After a few google searches I found out that the game was using my Intel GPU so I reinstalled the driver, I made sure to use NVIDIA GPU on the 3D settings and the games finally shows that I have 4GB of VRAM. But the problems doesn't end there. The games were still laggy as if nothing has changed despite the fact that the games were using my NVIDIA GPU. And this is where it gets weirder. I decided to disable the Intel GPU through device manager. And when I opened NVIDIA control panel, it shows an error message "NVIDIA Display settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU.". What??? I was so confused. I disabled my Intel GPU which would make my NVIDIA GPU the only GPU available and now NVIDIA control panel said that I'm not using any NVIDIA GPU?? I know that there is a way to disable the Intel GPU through the BIOS, but the problem is my BIOS is somehow locked and I don't even know password. So do you guys have any idea of what's happening to my laptop? Should I go to the Acer Customer Service to fix the problem and unlock my BIOS? (The nearest Acer Customer Center is pretty far from where I lived btw so I'm making this the last option) And this is what I have tried : Reinstalling both of the GPU's driver, reinstalling the game, setting the game on low settings (still got fps drop), reinstalling my Windows, twice, and yes, I've tried restarting my PC. Please help.
    Alihassan said:
    Did anyone found the solution for this problem?
    Kindly help me also
    I found a solution for the problem that i had.

Story: I needed a Laptop because i could not take my PC on a trip, so i bouhght second hand Acer nitro 5 (specs: i7 9750h, GTX 1660 ti, 32GB ram, 500GB mvme ssd and 1tb hdd). So i got it and downloaded some games to test the Laptop and BOM, it lagged like *****. I resurched in the web and found out that many people had that problem, I tried everything that I read, but no change. I resurched by myself and found out that.:

Solution: You go in "Device Maniger" > "Display adapter" > "Microsoft integratet graphics bla bla bla bla bla" > "Properties" > "Driver" > "Update Driver".
    Then it updated the driver by itself and it changed from "Microsoft integratet graphics bla bla bla bla bla" to "Intel UHD graphics 620". Then i Compleatly shitted down the Laptop and turned it on again. Then I did the whole ***** with the Nvidia control panel and the onother things. After i downloaded ETS2 I went in the Grafi settings from the windows like normal and i settet the App (ETS2) to "high performence" and it worked. I played without problems. The "Task manager" showed 2 GPUs and it worked like normal. The only dump thing is that you have to set every app to "high performance" in "graphics settings", but at least it works.

I might be helpful, but im not garanthing for shure.

Sorry for my English :(

I am waiting for you to say if it helped.