Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Switch 10 touchscreen sometimes works, sometimes doesn't

jakecreaseyjakecreasey Posts: 1Member New User
Hey guys. New to the community!

I don't know if this question has been asked before. I tried searching boards and only found instances where the touch screen was just not working or there was something up with HID.

What I'm seeing with my Switch 10 is when I turn it on for the first time in the day, the touch screen won't work. I then go to the device manager and check the HID Touchscreen, there is nothing weird seen on there. It says that the device is working properly. I check for new drivers, it says everything is up to date. So I disable and enable. It still doesn't work. So then I'll have to restart. After I restart, the touch screen works. If I leave the laptop on for a long time without using the touchscreen and I try the touchscreen again, the touch screen is off again.

I've got a Switch One 10 SW1-011 with Windows 7 64bit. Does anyone have any advice or has anyone experienced this and managed to fix this?

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey Posts: 6,860ACE Pathfinder
    There are instances we've seen over the years where the power settings for the internal USB port that connects the digitizer to the main system get set to power off after some period of time, then doesn't do a good job of powering back on when accessed. The fix is on Device Manager, you find the device providing that service to the touch screen and change it's power properties to stay on at all times. It's not obvious which device it is so you end up doing trial and error to find it. With Windows 10 they fixed it by no longer doing power suspensions on that type of device.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.