Black sceen but blue light and fan starts then stops. Aspire ES1-512

Options
AJxDjanny
AJxDjanny Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2019 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, this occurred out of nowhere, the laptop was fine, i went away for a couple of hours and the screen went black but the charging colour was blue so i assumed everything was fine, and as i go to power up the laptop i get both blue lights as normal but the black screen appears. I did a bit of research and tried: Changing RAM from another laptop but nothing changed, i changed the thermal paste just in case it was that, i  also have tried the small battery reset pin still nothing, also tried turning off/on the display with the FN+F5 but nothing, i'm all out of options, i'd rather not have to take it to the shop to see what needs repairing but i'd perfer to see what i can do at home before spending any money. Any and all help his greatly appreciated! also when the fan stops i can still hear the laptop as if it's till on but the fan isn't spinning, and i hear the beep noise when i remove the charger. 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is the image displayed on an external display?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DaanIJ
    DaanIJ Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi I have the exact same issue with the same model from my son since yesterday. He doesn't use it that often and yesterday tried to boot it after a month of not using it. After plugin in the power, orange light burns, Blue light blinks, fan starts and turns for two seconds, fan stops, blue light blinks, fan starts etc etc. During this time a black screen no ACER logo or BIOS screen. I disonnected battery, same cycle. Disconnected SSD same issue, Removed CMOS battery and put it back, same cycle. Attached external screen no image. Apart from the fact that I have no beeping noise when I remove the charger my case looks pretty much at the case AJxDjanny mentions. Hope someone is able to help him and I'm able to lift on the same solution :-) thanks in advance!
  • Annenden77
    Annenden77 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Having same issue the cmos battery was dead I changed it out, changed the ram, inspected the board and I cant figure it out.. this is my sons laptop I got him a couple years ago he rarely ever uses it and then needs to and cant.. any ideas would be appreciated. 
  • DaanIJ

Tinkerer

Options
    I mentioned that it wouldn't start after a month but my son just told me he had it working the day before and after that it didn't work. As multiple users have the same issue at almost the same moment couldn't it be related to some kind of update? just tinking out loud
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried to reset the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DaanIJ

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried to reset the battery?
    Yes I did. AjxDjanny already mentioned that he has reset the battery. Unfortunately without success. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried disconnecting rams memories?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DaanIJ

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried disconnecting rams memories?
    Hi Egydiocoelho, yes I disconnedted RAM, replaced RAM with other module, booted without RAM. No change in all cases.
    Black screen, blue led blinking, fan starts and stops.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I would try to disconnect the internal battery and press the power button for thirty seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DaanIJ

Tinkerer

Options
    I would try to disconnect the internal battery and press the power button for thirty seconds.
    Just this this, no result, same issue.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried disconnecting hdd and odd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DaanIJ

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried disconnecting hdd and odd?

Yes, already disconnected HDD, and I don't have anything connected to ODD.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried disconnecting the rtc battery? Have you checked with another adapter?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DaanIJ

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried disconnecting the rtc battery? Have you checked with another adapter?

If the rtc battery is the same as the CMOS battery yes. I do not have another adapter but measured the output and seems ok.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you press a few keys and with those keys still pressed, press the power button? This user has a similar issue: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/534702/aspire-es1-512-boot-problems

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DaanIJ

Tinkerer

Options
    What happens when you press a few keys and with those keys still pressed, press the power button? This user has a similar issue: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/534702/aspire-es1-512-boot-problems

Thanks for sticking with this issue coming up with new ideas!
    I tried it for 20 minutes, holding different combinations and pressing random keys while booting. Felt a bit silly. :-) And sorry to say, it didn't help, still the same behaviour.  
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked for any buttons similar to this one on the motherboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DaanIJ

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you checked for any buttons similar to this one on the motherboard?

Hi I just checked, sorry no other buttons other than reset (which I tried) and the power button. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the lithium battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DaanIJ

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes I did remove the battery