Dolby Audio issue - Acer VX15

Fury09
Fury09 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Good day everyone,
Whenever i connect to voice chat dolby audio turns off and when you connect a headphone through USB dolby turns off as well. I would like to replace the software with something else so does anyone know any good replacement for the dolby audio on Acer VX15?

Thank you.

Answers

• Have you tried updating the audio drivers?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Fury09
    Have you tried updating the audio drivers?
    Yes i have. Doesnt help. 
  • Have you tried activating here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Fury09
    Have you tried activating here?

Yes i have. It automatically turns off when i join a voice chat and when i connect my headset through usb. The dolby option isnt available once i connect my headsets. Once the dolby is off it also lowers the volume more than usual. So even at full volume with dolby off sounds quite low compared to when dolby is on. 
  • Have you tried the other speakers and check if dolby is available?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Fury09
    Have you tried the other speakers and check if dolby is available?
    Yea other speakers Dolby is available. When I connect my headset it's not available. 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Fury09
    I have tried every possible solution. Nothing helps. So i am guessing there isnt any replacement? 
  • Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Fury09
    No i havent tried that. But i think that wouldnt help either. Anyways ill still try it. Will let you know the result. Thanks for the help.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    @Fury09
    OK let's start over again and go a different way that worked for me, I think part of the problem is that when Windows update updates the Realtek driver it somehow uninstalls or corrupts Dolby and there is a defined process to reinstall, just follow these steps but DO NOT uninstall your current Realtek driver.

1. Go to Control Panel/Uninstall Program and uninstall anything that says Dolby.
    2. Go to your support page and download the Realtek Audio Driver and save it to the Desktop (I know it's already installed but please do it)
    3. Open the file but do NOT run the Realtek installer. Instead Double click on DAX2 then double click X64 then double click on DAX2 App Release, answer yes to any  security popups.
    When it has installed Restart then go back to your start menu from the windows Icon and see if Dolby is now there, if it is click it and the black Dolby Icon can be dragged to your Taskbar. This has worked for me when I had a similar problem to yours

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Fury09
    Hi @andylb,
    It says a newer version of the Dolby audio is already installed. The issue is when i connect my headset through usb dolby turns off making the overall volume very low compared to when its turned on. I have tried reinstalling dolby as well. 

• andylb
    edited September 2019
    Fury09 said:
    Hi @andylb,
    It says a newer version of the Dolby audio is already installed. The issue is when i connect my headset through usb dolby turns off making the overall volume very low compared to when its turned on. I have tried reinstalling dolby as well. 

You have to uninstall Dolby first you do that in step 1 above also delete the Dolby file from your Realtek Audio file in Programs. My method of installing Dolby in the manner described above may fix your problem, it provides a more stable installation

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Fury09

@andylb
    The setup gives the above error.

• andylb
    Try doing the same on the DAX 3 file

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Fury09
    andylb said:
    Try doing the same on the DAX 3 file
    Same error. 
  • andylb
    Werd, I didn't get that message when I did it. Let me research that message

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    edited September 2019
    Read this thread, this seems to be an endemic problem
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/501900/dobly-not-installing

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    Then I agree with my friend @egydiocoelho that reinstalling Windows by pressing Alt + f10 may be the best thing

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★