Acer Aspire V3 does not recognize headphone anymore after latest Windows update

MarkuitUtrecht
MarkuitUtrecht Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

My Aspire V3-371-37W0 laptop (running W10) does not recognize a plugged-in headphone after latest Windows update. When I plug in my headphone the sound keeps coming from the laptop speakers. 

The "Headphone" icon does not appear in the list of playback devices in the Sound-window. The "Speaker" icon does show and is active.  

Even when I check Show disabled / disconnected devices the "Headphone" icon is not visible

When I plug in an headphone there is no popup asking me "what kind of device I plugged in". 

In Device Manager > Audio inputs and outputs only the drivers for microphone and for speakers are shown. 

I tried various headphones. They all do work on other devices like my desktop PC, but not on my Acer laptop. 

I opened this HD Audio Manager program located here:
C: \ Program Files \ Realtek \ Audio \ HDA \ RAVCpl64!
In this HD Audio Manager 
- The "Auto popup dialog, when device had been plugged in"  is Enabled
- The grey button on the top right is not active (headphone not recognized?)

I have tried all suggestions that appear in this thread.   I also explored all suggestions in this other thread. But no luck.

After hours of trying I am simply stuck :s . Could anyone bring me one step further? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Mark

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening MarkuitUtrecht !

Refers to Windows Update 1903?
    Have you simply tried reverting to a recovery point before upgrading?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!